JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd be more apt to stock up on replacement parts kits - Sportsman's has CMMG spring/detent kits for $14 - includes all the springs in the lower, plus detents to go with. Maybe add a couple spare complete bolt carrier groups, a castle nut wrench, and whatever tool you need to work on the front end of the rifle and call it good. Unless you shoot a crap ton of ammo - you'll likely wear out a barrel. If you do - good on you. I think. You're probably a hell of a shot after all that practice.

Let us just say I am not lacking in spare parts either. I have been doing this for some time and I like to put them together like puzzles.

I have enough parts to build the 3 stripped lowers in the picture with spares to boot. The two things I love building/fixing up are ARs and Motorcycles and my wife will not let me bring the bikes in the house to work on in the winter so its ARs

1aqwe.jpg

Let us just say I am not lacking in spare parts either. I have been doing this for some time and I like to put them together like puzzles.

I have enough parts to build the 3 stripped lowers in the picture with spares to boot. The two things I love building/fixing up are ARs and Motorcycles and my wife will not let me bring the bikes in the house to work on in the winter so its ARs

View attachment 532456

Looks like you've got all that covered! Maybe you should look into the underground arms dealer gig if they ban guns. :D

There's NO such thing as enough of any of it, if you want to survive the liberals in time. Buy things as your wallet allows , and the parts to complete each lower at least I'd say. Same as with anything else that you want to survive. Extra mags, ammo, barrels etc etc etc the list neverrrr ends. If any my friends asked me how much they should buy of anything like this gear, they know the response they'd get from me. I'd look at them like they fell out of a space ship and cracked their head. It's like asking how much toilet paper a person should buy to stock up for hard times . That depends how much you're going to wipe over an undetermined amount of time, so you buy as much as you can afford, everytime you can afford it.

I see alot of people who must be newbies to gun gear ask these kinds of questions in postings here all the time, and if they are not new to it, it makes me wonder where thier thinking is even all the more. I scratch my head wondering why they ask, instead of thinking it out. If you want to be self preserving and ready for anything that may happen, you STAY stocked up and prepared as much as possible, no different than you would food items. Better to have things and not need them, than to need them one day and not have it.:cool:

I was at a Pawn shop doing a transfer last month, and I asked the girl helping us if they had been doing a lot more transfers since 1639 was unconstitutionally emposed on us... she said indeed they had, and in fact they have been so busy they don't have time for pawns, so now they require an appointment...and they had to raise their prices..
Then she pointed to a stack of boxes in the back that just came in containing 300 lower receivers that a guy ordered and was waiting on an appointment to transfer... I chit you not 300 for 1 dude!

Looks like you've got all that covered! Maybe you should look into the underground arms dealer gig if they ban guns. :D

Well if you look at some of my past post (way back) I was a licensed dealer for about 7 years then have worked in a couple shops for another 14 So been doing it for a while but have always tried to be as legal as possible.

But now with my machining background, spare parts and what not and if guns got banned well "hypothetically" if I had to make a choice I would rather do an underground gun gig than sell drugs,

;);) hypothetically of course as I do not want to do either. ;);)

I don't see myself buying any more lowers, I'm concentrating on wear item and being able to rebuild the ones I've got multiple times, things like barrels, bolts and bolt rebuild kits, action springs, gas tubes etc.

There's NO such thing as enough of any of it, if you want to survive the liberals in time. Buy things as your wallet allows , and the parts to complete each lower at least I'd say. Same as with anything else that you want to survive. Extra mags, ammo, barrels etc etc etc the list neverrrr ends. If any my friends asked me how much they should buy of anything like this gear, they know the response they'd get from me. I'd look at them like they fell out of a space ship and cracked their head. It's like asking how much toilet paper a person should buy to stock up for hard times . That depends how much you're going to wipe over an undetermined amount of time, so you buy as much as you can afford, everytime you can afford it.

I see alot of people who must be newbies to gun gear ask these kinds of questions in postings here all the time, and if they are not new to it, it makes me wonder where thier thinking is even all the more. I scratch my head wondering why they ask, instead of thinking it out. If you want to be self preserving and ready for anything that may happen, you STAY stocked up and prepared as much as possible, no different than you would food items. Better to have things and not need them, than to need them one day and not have it.:cool:

Nope, not a newbie. You don't know what I have. And as far as budget...I can buy a few lambos without a loan, lol, sorry if I'm not a "thinker" like you. I figured there is a point, as more astute posts have pointed out, where there are diminishing returns to anything, even guns. A couple of people made some great points about what you can carry. No one mentioned caches so far though...

Well, I guess it depends on if the gun grabbers get their way. They're trying to make parts kits illegal, so you may as well build out every lower you have in inventory now. One rifle per household member you want armed is "enough" - You're not a video game character who can magically carry 15 different weapons, so making sure you have a solid primary arm for each member of your family / team is enough.

I'd be more apt to stock up on replacement parts kits - Sportsman's has CMMG spring/detent kits for $14 - includes all the springs in the lower, plus detents to go with. Maybe add a couple spare complete bolt carrier groups, a castle nut wrench, and whatever tool you need to work on the front end of the rifle and call it good. Unless you shoot a crap ton of ammo - you'll likely wear out a barrel. If you do - good on you. I think. You're probably a hell of a shot after all that practice.

If you're building out specialty rifles - add a couple more. Say a dedicated DMR / long range platform, or a higher caliber hunting rifle (6.5 Grendel, .24-45 Sharps, etc)

Parts kits are as cheap as lowers, cheaper than good lowers. Don't forget mags - minimum of 5 per rifle (100 rnds per shooter if 20's, or 150 if 30's)

Only reason to really have a closet full after the ban, is if you want to set yourself up as an underground arms dealer. It's all wasted money if you gotta bug out and leave a hundred lowers sitting in your closet.

Best, most practical post yet. You are right. Just like that they banned bump stocks, parts can go dry suddenly. Or ammo, remember the ammo shortage 12 years ago?What's to say I'll ever be able to get parts for the rest of these lowers down the road. I have parts now, but it isn't 100% guaranteed that I can turn new lowers into bang sticks dow the road. Likely yes, but not 100%.

Complete firearms are the only things that can be 100% counted on.

I was at a Pawn shop doing a transfer last month, and I asked the girl helping us if they had been doing a lot more transfers since 1639 was unconstitutionally emposed on us... she said indeed they had, and in fact they have been so busy they don't have time for pawns, so now they require an appointment...and they had to raise their prices..
Then she pointed to a stack of boxes in the back that just came in containing 300 lower receivers that a guy ordered and was waiting on an appointment to transfer... I chit you not 300 for 1 dude!

That has to trigger an ATF visit/investigation. From what I read more than 2 pistols or 3 rifles at a time flags your transaction.

Nope, not a newbie. You don't know what I have. And as far as budget...I can buy a few lambos without a loan, lol, sorry if I'm
Nope, not a newbie. You don't know what I have. And as far as budget...I can buy a few lambos without a loan, lol, sorry if I'm not a "thinker" like you. I figured there is a point, as more astute posts have pointed out, where there are diminishing returns to anything, even guns. A couple of people made some great points about what you can carry. No one mentioned caches so far though...

It just depends on where a person's priorities lay. I think of my kids and grandkids. Im wayyy far from being new to the gun world. My uncle owned a gunshop and gunsmithing business over 40 yrs. I practically lived in it every chance I had. If you're a hard core gun guy then there is no such thing as "too much" unless you don't want to buy now for your kids and grandkids future, when they may not be able to buy it in a few short years or less. I make sure mine are well provisioned and then some. I have owned and handled so many guns I can't put a figure on it litterally.

I used to ship so many things to Ruger they knew me by name when they picked up the phone, as well as having friends who are factory shooters for team S&W and Team Springfield, and friends who are gun writers, so yea you might say "I'm a thinker". People asleep at the wheel are the ones who will go hungry in time when it comes to having gun gear. Buying cars don't play into the equation for me. Security and self defense does.

Everything wears out in time, so people I know stock up. You could own 500 AR rifles or parts kits and one day they jussst might become good trade and barter material. I been at it all a longggggg time. Thats just my idea and most people I know of as to what to do with anything you may need to stock up on. There's those who will wish they bought more, when thier gear wears out. Then when you want to, you wont be able to go back in time and buy enough to last.

Neither I, nor my family will go hungry, and that's what matters to me with having gear.

Last Edited:
How many Stripped Lowers??? :eek:

I can remember back when I only had (1) complete AR and a pile of uppers in different calibers. :rolleyes:
I used to tell my wife, " I'm going to buy you a golf bag, so when we're hunting, you can caddy my uppers and hand me the caliber I call for." :p:p:p:rolleyes:

Lower receivers are not a wear item.

Yes I know they are essential and are the actual "firearm" but there are rifles that were manufactured in the 70s-80s that are still being rebuilt today using the original receivers.

Barrels. Bolt carrier groups. Fire control group parts. Magazines. This is what should be stockpiled.......IMHO.

Bear Creek Arsenal has a Christmas fire sale on their barrels for $40-$45 and I saw a complete bolt carrier group on gun.deals yesterday for $45. PSA is also still selling magazines for $6.99. These are the deals I would be jumping on if I hadn't lost all my firearms in a boating accident.

AR-15 Barrels For Sale | 7.62x39 | Fluted | In Stock | 5.56

BCA .223 / 5.56 NATO / .300 BLACKOUT Bolt Carrier Group

E

Last Edited:
With regard to an ATF Report of Multiple Sale (excerpt from below link):

Q2. What types of rifles are required to be reported?
A2. The rifle transactions that must be reported are dispositions of semiautomatic rifles capable of accepting a detachable magazine and with a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 caliber) to an unlicensed person. However, the reporting requirement does not apply to receivers for such rifles. You may contact the Firearms Technology Branch at (304) 616-4300 if you are unable to determine if the rifles are subject to the reporting requirements.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61741/download

But I would suspect anyone buying 300 lowers will likely get a visit, unless they're a licensee.

Hilarious that's on the new agenda of the WA government ban the online sales of 80%lowers.
But according to what I have seen it's only plastic 80% lowers .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top