JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not disclosing what I may have, but just curious what people think is good number and WHY.

At the end of the day, without ammo none of them are useful, so ammo is something more important IMO.

But that's still not being threatened as much as guns themselves yet, at least here.

With what I currently own, id feel content with 2-3 as spares. Right now many are cheap. Ive never had build issues from entry level stripped lowers so for me, at $30-50 per.. thats not bad.

I want a 7.62x39 build and probably 2 spare stripped lowers to play with after a potential "ban".

I call this a good start then you get more.

1ar.jpg
I like all the sales this time of year.

Well, I guess it depends on if the gun grabbers get their way. They're trying to make parts kits illegal, so you may as well build out every lower you have in inventory now. One rifle per household member you want armed is "enough" - You're not a video game character who can magically carry 15 different weapons, so making sure you have a solid primary arm for each member of your family / team is enough.

I'd be more apt to stock up on replacement parts kits - Sportsman's has CMMG spring/detent kits for $14 - includes all the springs in the lower, plus detents to go with. Maybe add a couple spare complete bolt carrier groups, a castle nut wrench, and whatever tool you need to work on the front end of the rifle and call it good. Unless you shoot a crap ton of ammo - you'll likely wear out a barrel. If you do - good on you. I think. You're probably a hell of a shot after all that practice.

If you're building out specialty rifles - add a couple more. Say a dedicated DMR / long range platform, or a higher caliber hunting rifle (6.5 Grendel, .24-45 Sharps, etc)

Parts kits are as cheap as lowers, cheaper than good lowers. Don't forget mags - minimum of 5 per rifle (100 rnds per shooter if 20's, or 150 if 30's)

Only reason to really have a closet full after the ban, is if you want to set yourself up as an underground arms dealer. It's all wasted money if you gotta bug out and leave a hundred lowers sitting in your closet.

If you can't get stripped lowers, getting parts kits and uppers to your location might be a no-go. If I had lowers around and already had plenty of mags and ammo, I'd turn those stripped lowers into completed spare rifles/pistols. I'd have a spare BCG with bolt and a couple LPKs just in case, but no "spare" lowers. If you save up or spread out the purchases, it's much more manageable.

Also, the various tools that make working on them easier and some knowledge will go a long ways.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top