JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you keep up with RKBA issues in this country?

• Yes but I'm not active, no emails or any other actions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I doubt if one person can make any difference in the laws

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
This week with the anti gun 20/20 show on Friday and Nancy Pelosi announcing she's willing to compromise on a new AWB and saying some registration may be included was disheartening for me. If you're unfamiliar with these two issue go to the Legal and Political forum. With the assault on us just now beginning I just wonder how many people are willing to send emails to politicians as well as advertisers during the 20/20 show? Or if you don't have time for helping. Please be honest. Thank You

i guess i really can't say very active but i have done some emailing and i am becoming more involved.the assault on our 2nd admen rights has only just begun

I'm a Life Member of the NRA and Oregon State Shooting Association, former member of Gun Owners of America and 2nd Amendment Foundation and still get their alerts, and get alerts from the Oregon Firearms Federation. I've also got a widget on my Google page with NRA alerts. Did I mention I'm retired?

Anti-gunner morons have been at it since before I was out of high school. I suspect it will always be an ongoing fight.

I have become more and more active recently, sent out the emails and such, NRA member and OFF. I saw something on the TV about "If I only had a gun" Is that the show that you are talking abou

Well even with the US SC "Heller Decision" last summer.

With all the new unfunded deficit spending mandates and bail outs. More and New taxes are a given.

What concerns me is one thing - The last Depression we got the ATF and Full Auto Tax stamp ( with a lot other stuff that was passed in the 1930's)

A $500 per Semi-auto weapon annual tax ( like a property tax or Ad valorem for those in state familar with that on car registrations. )

Imagine getting finger printed and having to pay $500 annually for each semi-auto Pistol and rifle?

With an estimated 300+ Million Firearms in the US ( even 60% compliance is a huge, huge chunk of change.) THE BATFE is already the largest Government regulatory and enforcement agency. ( Think about how many jobs that would be created ( I am not for this at all) Yet it would kill 2 birds with one stone for the Gun Grabbers and politicians. With the Full Auto their already is a precedent that has been in place for 75 years.

All it takes is a Majority in congress ( as this is strictly a Tax issue and Congress is the only branch that has the power to Levy taxes - doesn't even have to be approved by the Senate or POTUS.

So while all this smoke and mirrors and talk of taxing ammo ( which I am sure that we may see little tax stamps on boxes of ammo one day (Just like on Cigs and Booze).

Let's see your tax stamp for that Ammo please.

I am sure that most of us know people that would have to spend at least $5K for the 10 Semi-Auto weapons they own ( if not more) .

Think that it is not about the tax money? Passing another ASW ban ? I know that we may think that Politicians or not to bright by the things we see and hear, but think that they haven't paid attention to Firearms and Ammo sales?

I think that you will see this before you see another Federal ASW ban - think that we are the only ones to remember history and 1994?

If I were a betting man - this would be my bet - I also said that the market would drop to 7,000 in 2008 ( this was fall of 2007) So I missed it by 300 points and 3 months. It was still close to a 50% drop on the DJIA.

IMO trying to tax guns or ammo any further than they are would gain the same result as trying to pass another poll tax. SCOTUS has already confirmed the Individual Right interpretation of the 2A and levying a tax on any rights would be asking for a heap of grief. Punitive taxation of ammunition would likely run afoul of the 2A also, as the implement and the ammunition go together. I don't think the idea of a tax stamp on Class III would transfer well to other weapons. Now, they could try to require a federal permit or registration, but I'm of the belief that isn't in the cards either. Local efforts are a whole different matter.

Unless you bought everything at a dealer who has a 4473 on them, the feds would have no idea what you have in your possession. Credit Card receipts don't normally go into much detail ammo-wise. Those of you who made nice images of your collections and posted them online may have something to worry about....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top