JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My '77 Cougar had a factory AM/FM/8-track in the dash and about 9 8-tracks would fit comfortably in the glove box. Still one of my favorite glides, cause it did more than ride…
Odds are good that this was one of them :)
BTO 8track.jpg

My '77 Cougar had a factory AM/FM/8-track in the dash and about 9 8-tracks would fit comfortably in the glove box. Still one of my favorite glides, cause it did more than ride…
My step-father drove a '74 Cougar back in the late 70's. We made many a family trip to the coast listening to Bob Segar on the ole 8-track. Good times. I never cared much for his car though. It was roomy and quiet, but my "Dad" had a Corvette at the time..so as a kid..it was kinda meh..Looked a lot like this but without the mags. Oh those port hole windows

couger.png

BTO, ELO, Led Zepplin…. Man does that bring back memories…
I was going round that out with Boston's first album, Linder Skinner, ZZ Top, Maybe a Rolling Stones (they got weird with semi disco stuff about that time) , The Eagles Hotel California and Fleetwood Mac Rumors for when you had a date

I was going round that out with Boston's first album, Linder Skinner, ZZ Top, Maybe a Rolling Stones (they got weird with semi disco stuff about that time) , The Eagles Hotel California and Fleetwood Mac Rumors for when you had a date
All of the above. I think Boston's first is still my favorite album..followed by Led's #4

My Wife's Cougar is a little older, but the 8 track still works, had several tapes, including the much prized 1975 Three Dog Night album!
1708810442689.png
Diamond in the rough, it's a XR-7 390 4 speed car, and it Screws real good!

Just something about hitting that last bit of traffic and rolling onto open road with those first chords of More Than A Feeling threatening to rip your speaker cones in half . . .
Lol..yep. I was driving a 78 Firebird w/T-Tops when I was in the service. Blasting More Than a Feeling to the world was glorious.

The '75 was possibly the best looking year of the Cougar ever.
A few years back I had to squeeze my 211" long '78 GMC 2500 into the garage to rebuild the trans, I had 2" to spare so the garage door would go down.

But those '74/'75 Cougars are 4" longer..holy cr$p. That woulda been a no-go.
20180224_154846.jpg

Last Edited:
That one's a keeper!
Should have seen it when I bought it and hauled it home! Perfect snap shot/time capsule circa 1980, jacked up in the back with shackles and slapper bars, side pipes, Cragers, the works! Dude put a ton into the engine! Other then the horribly smashed drivers door, it was perfect. Came with a metric ton of spare parts he had scrounged up, nice interior parts, bunch of chrome trim, even a full white interior! Wife claimed it as hers instantly, like I hadn't even backed it off the trailer yet, and she got that pouty look on her face, and told me it was now hers, and thanks for going to get it for HER! I told her to go ahead and fire it up and take it for a rip, she hasn't stopped smiling since! She had to go out shopping to find a pair of shoes to match the color she wants to paint it, LOL!

Let's not forget Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits.
Yes, the '70 Nova in high-school had the Kraco underdash 8-track...

Joe

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top