JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
No matter what, I'm all for the extra freedom we get here. It's MY job to pass by or ignore threads or members completely. That being said, my list of ignored members still stands at zero.
Mikey, you be slackin man. I've got almost 200 in the thought crime jail. :p
The way I see it is if they spout what I don't want to see/hear, they are out of here. My BP thanks me and I can live with my decisions.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be the strategy of some here to overfeed the troll, thus giving them more rope to hang themselves with. We would have to ask @Andy54Hawken how well that strategy is working, or if we are all just giving him more grey hairs :s0140:
Strategy...well now...I do have my strategy and tactics for trolls...however it ain't wise to shout 'em out over the forum...:D
In regards to more grey hairs...with my hairline the way it is...I'll take any hair I can get , no matter the color...:D
Andy

Strategy...well now...I do have my strategy and tactics for trolls...however it ain't wise to shout 'em out over the forum...:D
In regards to more grey hairs...with my hairline the way it is...I'll take any hair I can get , no matter the color...:D
Andy
I choose to take this as a tacit endorsement of all our shenanigans. Carry on boys!

For sure. I don't ignore people either, preferring instead to challenge idiocy as it crops up. I don't even have delusions of changing an idiot's mind, I just want the record to stand corrected for others that read along after. This strategy has been effective for me in the past, and I see no reason it will not be effective in the future.

As for this particular troll, ultimately they are pretty benign, and that have sparked some pretty hilarious threads which I have quite enjoyed. Not necessarily the content of the troll themselves, but all the banter between longtime members taking the piss out of them. I can see time-outs being appropriate for when they spam a bit too much (we do want to keep the main pages relatively clean for actually useful content after all) but if it were up to me I would vote to keep them around (maybe with some restricted privileges). I also harber some tiny glimmer of hope that they will learn to become a productive member at some far distant future point. Maybe after they realize that the collective knowledge here is worth more than the total collection of high profile/mainstream guntubers. . .
There was a post a few pages back... sorry I'm not gonna go find it. It may have very well been you @lucusloc, that had the idea of a more detailed new member probation. One that consisted of limited access to posting new threads until they could show through comments they new how to not be an idiot. I thought that was a good idea personally. Although, had that been in place a couple years ago I might not be allowed here... 🤷‍♂️🙃

Generally, I get bored of troll threads after a page or two. This individual was just too much damn fun. They were fishin' with a 3wt and caught a tuna... so yeah, I'm gonna stick around at watch that show.

Last Edited:
There was a post a few pages back... sorry I'm not gonna go find it. It may have very well been you @lucusloc, that had the idea of a more detailed new member probation. One that consisted of limited access to posting new threads until they could show through comments they new how to not be an idiot. I thought that was a good idea personally. Although, had that been in place a couple years ago I might not be allowed here... 🤷‍♂️🙃

Generally, I get bored of troll threads after a page or two. This individual was just too much damn fun. They were fishin' with a 3wt a caught a tuna... so yeah, I'm gonna stick around at watch that show.
Yeah, that suggestion was only to be applied to spammy accounts that make a million new threads as their first posts. Time them out with a pointed moderator warning and restrict their new thread privileges. Regular new accounts should still be allowed to post new threads as most of them are coming here seeking genuine answers to issues they have, and a new thread is the perfect way for them to get access to that information.

You could do that....
However...assuming ain't never a good idea.
And remember every action has consequences.....;)
Andy
I also choose to ignore advice that does not comport with my chosen world view. Or to put it in a more well known vernacular 200.gif ;

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top