JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A little birdie mentioned to me that after gluing on one cap to your tube to turn it vertically and fill it with acetylene gas then glue the other end on and go do your thing....acetylene is heavier than oxygen and will stay in the tube. I am not sure if that would be corrosive or not myself..thought anyone?

A little birdie mentioned to me that after gluing on one cap to your tube to turn it vertically and fill it with acetylene gas then glue the other end on and go do your thing....acetylene is heavier than oxygen and will stay in the tube. I am not sure if that would be corrosive or not myself..thought anyone?
Do not do that! Acetylene will soften the ABS/PVC and eventually eat through it!

Just a little tip, and something to consider in site selection... checking for negative buoyancy is a good idea before burying your tubes... if you go that route.

A sealed tube with any positive buoyancy can find it's way to the surface if the water table rises or with heavy ground saturation. Also to be aware that with negative bouyancy there runs the possibility of your tubes dropping below their initial bury depth.

Compacting and lining the bottom (and/or sides) of an in-ground cache site with bricks or pressure treated lumber can help your cache tubes stay put. Providing weight displacement, water drainage and, if you want to go the extra mile, an anchor point for your tubes. Another option being a 50gal drum (or similar). Loading your tubes vertically in a vertical drum and backfilling the inside. Any drum though would need drainage holes.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top