JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And by reasoning, 62% would be more of a landslide, Y/N????? later in the article, it spoke of a "fledgling economy" hey the Country has had an economy, since the first British Prisoners were sent there, so why fledgling?

I think we are looking at the Australian Language here, "Mate" AKA, friend, associate, etc. so if they Won, they can call it a Landslide, if they so choose...

And hey, if dirt slides down, its a Landslide, there is no qualifier in that action.... Ton's of dirt would be more than Pounds of dirt, but its still a landslide either way...

philip,
Chewing on the Mountain Man Coffee he finished drinking, the BoonDocks is chilly this day, not Freezing Cold Mind you, but a long sleeve shirt sort of Day... ;)

The Australian system is a parliamentary democracy. It is a bit different than ours, so any party getting 53% of the vote is fairly significant to them.

They tend to have more than one party, and even the large parties are more splintered than our two main parties.

Of course, if you read into it, one could get even confused if you only know US politics:

"a coalition led by Australia's Liberal Party defeated Labor by a 53% to 47% margin"

Wait, the Liberal's one, but that the title says conservatives one? So confused. :D

Voting is compulsory for every Australian citizen aged 18 years or older. If you do not vote and do not have a valid and sufficient reason for failing to vote, a penalty is imposed. That puts a bit of a spin on things too. I think the penalty is $20 or so but I'll bet it gets a lot more people involved.

Voting is compulsory for every Australian citizen aged 18 years or older. If you do not vote and do not have a valid and sufficient reason for failing to vote, a penalty is imposed. That puts a bit of a spin on things too. I think the penalty is $20 or so but I'll bet it gets a lot more people involved.

I've always thought we should have this in the US, might remove many of the voter ID laws issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top