JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Surprisingly, no one that knows my beliefs hasn't directly challenged my views, but I have heard people say, do you really think you're going to take on the government with an AR15? My question is, are you going to take on the government without one?

There is a longer version but it gets a little dirty.

You could have asked them if they had cellphones. And did they know more people die because of texting while driving than by guns ? And is it really about saving lives or just getting your way ?

Honestly it sounds like your tattoo is giving you a ton of opportunities to discuss an extremely important social and political issue in our country.

By my calculation, this makes your tattoo more useful than 99.999999% of tattoos ever put on a human body.

Keep calm and use the facts. If they're irrational and emotional, stay on the facts and disengage politely. Those seeds of logic you sew may not cause them to flip their opinion on the spot, but these people generally don't think and just parrot talking points they hear often... So let them hear our talking points. You might unknowingly flip them down the road.

I need to start wearing a COLT hat if you can use it to meet soccer milfs.

Last Edited:
A prime example is the Toyota Prius...the flagship car for the environmentally conscious. Dummies don't realize that it takes 50% more energy to produce a Prius than it does a Hummer and it has the worse environmental impact of any production vehicle. Gas mileage is one of the last factors considered in the environmental impact of a vehicle. Also, the batteries are made of Lithium and Nickel, which has to be mined and then careful measures must be made to recycle these batteries. The Nickel smelting factories give off an incredible amount of pollution and for miles around are becoming wastelands because of acid rain and air pollution. But hey...it gets 50MPG

Point well taken about the environment, but some of us drive a Prius because we have an hour long commute. The only environment I'm trying to save is my wallet. Some dumb a**hole actually spit on my car once for no reason. Point being, don't assume the Prius driver isn't packing heat.

Anyway, did not mean to attempt a thread hijack.. as you were gentlemen

Well it won't let me edit the title but I meant it to say verbally defend your rights.

More and more I am running into liberals who are anti gun Especially at work.

I have a tattoo of don't tread on me so it alway draws them to me.

I have had a lot of people come up to me and blatantly say all guns should be/banned taken away. And that things are changing just wait and see.

It's getting so bad out there. The other day I was in the grocery store and I had two younger teenagers walk up to me and tell me that they wanted guns taken away. Then they asked me if giving up my guns would save one child's life from a school shooting why wouldn't I do that.

Well normally I would have just moved on but this time I figured I would tell them my thoughts on the subject.
They ended up telling me I was a horrid person without a soul I believe is what they said and left to a different isle.

What are a few things you can say to people like that especially if they are children/teenagers(since they are being brain washed and used now).

I used to shrug it off but because of all the damn anti gun crap it's becoming more and more blatant.

Jp

Well everybody says that you shouldn't insult the people that you're having a conversation about guns but Hey, they insulted you first so game on.

They already have their minds made up and they're not going to listen to anything you have to say, they're just instigating. These are the people that you should deliver your message with a slap in the face response (not really)....

Like on another thread, I voiced my opinion and it is not inline with most who just want to change minds. That's cool that's great if you have somebody that is willing to listen to you and not berate you at the onset then yes have a conversation that NO new laws would have changed any school shooting.

They are deranged copycats and people knew what they were capable of but they did not say anything, or if they did it's the LEO's that dropped the ball just like the Parkland debauchery.

Ban bullying on social media immediately, then we will talk further.

I usually just quietly say "If I didn't have a gun to defend myself, I'd be dead right now." That tends to end the anti gun arguments.

Then I elaborate that no shots were fired, that this is the norm in self defense use of guns, and that all studies of such self defense events put their frequency at least an order of magnitude higher than all other violent uses of guns put together.

For example, CDC data says that in 2015 there were 12,979 gun related homicides (including legitimate shooting of bad guys by LE and self defense.) And there were 22,018 gun-involved suicides. According to a 2017 PEW study, however, 7 percent of adults have defended themselves, their family, or their property using a gun. Figure 75 percent of the 2017 population of 321 million was adult. That gives us about 17 million self defense events. Thats not an annual rate. But we can approximate by guessing that the average age of people responding to the survey was 50 years, representing an average 30 years each of gun ownership. That would translate to more than 500,000 such self defense gun uses per year.

I also point out that if you live in the country, you either have a gun or you are totally at a bad guy or a group of bad guys mercy. Likewise when hiking or camping.

Along about that point I get asked about my specific self defense experiences. I dont much like to talk about it, but go ahead and tell about the first and worst. Usually its a guy I'm talking with. And most go away figuring that they really want their wives armed and knowing how to shoot, and best they and their wife both learn.

I didn't read this whole thread. Long day.

But I don't "defend" myself for being a gun owner. The Constitution does that for me. "Shall not be infringed" doesn't leave much to have to "defend".

Then they asked me if giving up my guns would save one child's life from a school shooting why wouldn't I do that.

Because my guns are to save my life and my children's lives, not your pathetic lil' a$$e$. You see, I made that decision long before you were swimming in your daddy's balls, maybe someday if you ever have children of your own perhaps you'll understand, now why don't you run along and play with your cell phones.

"Have you ever wondered why America has never been invaded since 1812?"
"Because we have guns. A lot of 'em. Kept the Japanese from invading our shores in 1941."
"Have you ever served in defense of our Country? No? Grow the fvck up and come talk to me after you have served."

Now that I'm retired, I wear an old Firestar .45 hat about half the time I go out. Weird, people never bother me about it or comment on it. Must be where ya'll live. My other hat is an Air Life medical transport hat. Now that does draw some comments. And some nice discussions since I used to be the Air Life Representative in NE Oregon.

You can't use logic with a liberal. They reason with non-critical thinking and pick and choose what facts they want to believe.

A prime example is the Toyota Prius...the flagship car for the environmentally conscious. Dummies don't realize that it takes 50% more energy to produce a Prius than it does a Hummer and it has the worse environmental impact of any production vehicle. Gas mileage is one of the last factors considered in the environmental impact of a vehicle. Also, the batteries are made of Lithium and Nickel, which has to be mined and then careful measures must be made to recycle these batteries. The Nickel smelting factories give off an incredible amount of pollution and for miles around are becoming wastelands because of acid rain and air pollution. But hey...it gets 50MPG

^^^ This.

Point well taken about the environment, but some of us drive a Prius because we have an hour long commute. The only environment I'm trying to save is my wallet. Some dumb a**hole actually spit on my car once for no reason. Point being, don't assume the Prius driver isn't packing heat.

Anyway, did not mean to attempt a thread hijack.. as you were gentlemen

Yah well, I wouldn't spit on yer car. But my understanding is that for most people, this investment doesn't pencil out. Boggles me. I've been told that it's mostly a green support thing for them.

Surprisingly, no one that knows my beliefs hasn't directly challenged my views, but I have heard people say, do you really think you're going to take on the government with an AR15? My question is, are you going to take on the government without one?

There is a longer version but it gets a little dirty.

I had a customer, a young fellow in his 20s, in my shop. We were doing some gun talk while he was waiting for something and being it was during the shortage he mentioned that he had just scored an AR15 purchase from Walmart. But he was glad they weren't going to sell them anymore because people shouldn't be allowed to have them. o_O

It was ok for him... but "people" read peons shoudn't be "allowed" to have them. We got into it and he brought up the can't fight our military argument. Wouldn't be persuaded that the mere possession of a counter-arms presence dissuades armed abuse from government. Just like a carry gun dissuades criminal attack. Go figure.

Yah well, I wouldn't spit on yer car. But my understanding is that for most people, this investment doesn't pencil out. Boggles me. I've been told that it's mostly a green support thing for them.

I too bought a USED Prius. I can't/couldn't afford a new one. But either way, I'm liking the MPGs. Yup.....I'm also looking out for my wallet's environment.

I had a customer, a young fellow in his 20s, in my shop. We were doing some gun talk while he was waiting for something and being it was during the shortage he mentioned that he had just scored an AR15 purchase from Walmart. But he was glad they weren't going to sell them anymore because people shouldn't be allowed to have them. o_O

It was ok for him... but "people" read peons shoudn't be "allowed" to have them. We got into it and he brought up the can't fight our military argument. Wouldn't be persuaded that the mere possession of a counter-arms presence dissuades armed abuse from government. Just like a carry gun dissuades criminal attack. Go figure.

Funny, that it's not only military and former military (some of them, anyway) that carry the elitist attitude. But, it's also true about the cops and former cops (some of them, anyway).

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads