JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well it won't let me edit the title but I meant it to say verbally defend your rights.

More and more I am running into liberals who are anti gun Especially at work.

I have a tattoo of don't tread on me so it alway draws them to me.

I have had a lot of people come up to me and blatantly say all guns should be/banned taken away. And that things are changing just wait and see.

It's getting so bad out there. The other day I was in the grocery store and I had two younger teenagers walk up to me and tell me that they wanted guns taken away. Then they asked me if giving up my guns would save one child's life from a school shooting why wouldn't I do that.

Well normally I would have just moved on but this time I figured I would tell them my thoughts on the subject.
They ended up telling me I was a horrid person without a soul I believe is what they said and left to a different isle.

What are a few things you can say to people like that especially if they are children/teenagers(since they are being brain washed and used now).

I used to shrug it off but because of all the damn anti gun crap it's becoming more and more blatant.

Jp

Do you have a teenager? Dealing with leftest of any age is like dealing with a teenager. Try sending them to their room first. It usually doesn't work. But they may just walk away yelling, I hate you.

Next remind them that they don't hate guns at all. Nothing about their life style reflects a hatred of guns. From entertainment, the people they idolize and even the things they say would do if THEY had a gun.

Finally, remind them of things THEY could give up to SAVE just one life. Teen driving, drugs, abortions, cell phone, Internet bullying, Tide pods...

Ask them how giving up your gun will save anyone? Ask them if they'd give up their social media or cell phone if it would save one life? Ask them if they are really gullible enough to believe everything they read or that someone say's to them? Ask them if they've ever personally investigated gun ownership vs gun violence or if they care to acknowledge the fact gun violence is on an overall decline? Ask them where they get their information? Ask them if they believe in individual rights?

Ask them why they're in your face worrying about your life and not cleaning up they're own?

I always figure it's the people who are most unhappy w/their own lives who want to jump up and down and scream and yell about other peoples happiness. They can't seem to fix their own lives so want to make sure everyone else is just as miserable as they are. The more content you seem to be, the more PO'd and irrational it makes them. This could define a whole class of people, most are what we call progressive libs. They'll never figure it out......

What are a few things you can say to people like that especially if they are children/teenagers(since they are being brain washed and used now).

I used to shrug it off but because of all the damn anti gun crap it's becoming more and more blatant.

Jp
ask them if they think that you giving up your gun might save a child's life. How? Your guns aren't going to be used in a crime.

Ask them if it's a constitutional right for a woman to vote or for a black person not to be a slave. If those are rights why not the second amendment? If we get rid of the one can we get rid of all three amendments?

If they say gun rights are militia bases, ask them for which Supreme Court decision in the last 225 years says that. If as the left claims it is common jurisprudence then it must have come up once.

Or just tell them to vote their way and you'll vote yours.

You aren't going to convert them.

People that are on the extreme fringe of either side, left or right, are not going to be swayed by any argument, no matter how well made. They are no more going to give ground on their belief than you are on yours. For that reason, there really isn't much you can do in terms of a conversation. Unless...you have middle of the road folks listening in and you think you may have a chance to sway some of their opinions in your direction. If that's the case, then it's probably most important that you keep calm, especially if they're getting worked up, because it will make you appear more reasonable. Use facts and logic, again, not to try and sway the opinion of the hard-core anti, but in the hope that it sways the opinions of the middle.

And remember, not all liberals are the same (as not all conservatives are the same) a true, traditional liberal, is open to have rational discussions, and can support gun rights. The people you're talking about are most likely leftists - the extreme left of the Democrat party, which, unfortunately has been on the rise in the past decade or so. The good thing about that - some more traditional, centrist Democrats are getting tired of the extreme leftist hijacking their party over extremist points like abolishing the 2nd. Many are saying they've gone way too far left, and perhaps, just perhaps, we'll see some more rational folks voted back into the D party. Optimistic, I know, but I'm always hoping for the best.

But if you don't have a chance to persuade an audience other than the anti, then it's probably best not to waste your time. They are already as much set in their ways as you are, and neither of you are going to change.

I will leave one more thing though - if you're able to do it, and keep calm, and you don't have other folks listening in (because they'll think you're a jerk), you can always mess with them. Usually the best approach for this is to keep as calm as possible and point out how irrational they are, ask why they're so cranky, what's up their butt, etc. The more you stay calm, and smile, the more it will pizz them off. Just a thought ;)

Well it won't let me edit the title but I meant it to say verbally defend your rights.

More and more I am running into liberals who are anti gun Especially at work.

I have a tattoo of don't tread on me so it alway draws them to me.

I have had a lot of people come up to me and blatantly say all guns should be/banned taken away. And that things are changing just wait and see.

It's getting so bad out there. The other day I was in the grocery store and I had two younger teenagers walk up to me and tell me that they wanted guns taken away. Then they asked me if giving up my guns would save one child's life from a school shooting why wouldn't I do that.

Well normally I would have just moved on but this time I figured I would tell them my thoughts on the subject.
They ended up telling me I was a horrid person without a soul I believe is what they said and left to a different isle.

Jp
Why would two teenagers randomly walk up to some guy and start talking about gun rights issues?

Just tell the 'tards to give up their 1st A rights you'll consider giving up their 2nd A rights.

Tell them you're starting a petition to ban cell phones since texting while driving kills 10,000 teenagers each year....

Ask them to sign since their goal is to save lives.

I find that these are handy references

FRationalDiscussionFlowChart.jpg

LogicalFallicies.jpg

I really don't care. They have a right to their opinion, I have a right to mine, and neither will likely change based on an argument.

If I have too, I usually bring up the MAX stabbings, and whether or not someone would want to be in that situation armed, or unarmed.

Lol I love the chart.

Yeah I'm not going to argue with them anymore no changing there minds if they are that militant about it.

I used to just remain calm and talk about it.

Now I think I will ignore them or tell them I don't want to talk to you about this go away.

Unless they seem to be open to talk about it and not on the attack about it.

Is there a place where I could get some info to use if I do a discussion.

Well, having that tatt earned you the responses, so you should have been better prepared! The funny thing I observed when ibwear my COLT hat is folks seem to feel the need to come up to me and tell me all about the evils of guns and how I'm a criminal for not giving up my guns and all that rot! The irony is that ARE scared of me, they know I'm armed, even though they cannot see it, they KNOW, and they are acting out in genuine FEAR because they don't understand, and are unwilling to learn or change their minded on the subject! I especially enjoy the Soccer Milfs who feel the urgent need to go way out of there way to accost me for my beliefs, just because I wear a COLT hat! It's actually very telling. I flatly accuse them of Darwinism and explain the facts that some day it's going to come down to those with guns and those with out, and I tell them I feel sorry for them, that it will sad to see them on their knees begging to live, and I will not step in and stop it because it was them who believed with all their heart th at I should be disarmed for the greater good, and the irony th at it is folks with guns who refused to bow and surrnder their guns are the ones who have a chance! They always laugh and wave around asking me where the threat is, I simply point to the door and say it could walk through that door at any second, and that you cannot ever know exactly when, but when it does, I will not be crawling on my belly like a beaten dog, it' people like me that will likely try and stop the threat that they should be thankfully for! Th at usually gets them to shut up, or storm off in a fit, because it sinks in and makes them question them selves!

I especially enjoy the Soccer Milfs who feel the urgent need to go way out of there way to accost me for my beliefs, just because I wear a COLT hat!

You do realize they are flirting / bubblegum testing at the same time right? Shrug it off and tell them you will explain over drinks. Then don't bring it up. Haha

Well, having that tatt earned you the responses, so you should have been better prepared! The funny thing I observed when ibwear my COLT hat is folks seem to feel the need to come up to me and tell me all about the evils of guns and how I'm a criminal for not giving up my guns and all that rot! The irony is that ARE scared of me, they know I'm armed, even though they cannot see it, they KNOW, and they are acting out in genuine FEAR because they don't understand, and are unwilling to learn or change their minded on the subject! I especially enjoy the Soccer Milfs who feel the urgent need to go way out of there way to accost me for my beliefs, just because I wear a COLT hat!
See. I'd accost you and ask why you were wearing that girlie man hat when you could have an FAL hat or something manly.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews