JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Timely and fitting article by one of the best trainers you'll ever meet. Why You Need Tactical Training | MountainGuerrilla

BTW...he will travel and do classes at a VERY reasonable price as long as there is 10 or more in the class. He's one of the most down to earth, but bad a** soldiers you'll meet. Former Ranger, former SF 18B, and one hell of a good patriot!

He has a 3 day combat rifle class in our area 1st of November. Has anybody here taken any of his classes? What did you think? I want to know how his rifle class compares to a Suarez or Magpul class.

As Larry Vickers puts it...Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Shoot as fast you can be accurate, but no faster. Speed will come with time.

Basics and fundamentals win gunfights, and good solid equipment helps too.

There are several drills I use to keep myself sharp, they aren't hard, they are basic, and they do work.

Also train your mind. Go thru possible scenarios, such as the one posted above and go thru what you would do.
Like when the Blue Angels train for a maneuver. They will sit in the training room, close their eyes and visualize what they are doing and how to accomplish it.

A lot of training can be done with a firearm without firing a shot, one just needs to understand that first.

4. Aimed shots to CNS under a timer (No more than 1 second under partner call-out.)
5. Mozambique drill. (no more than 1.5 sec from draw to CNS shot)

4&5 I regularly FAIL at. (too long or missed).

I was failing at the failure drill until I learned a new trick last weekend. Instead of 2 to COM then aim at the head, take three uninterrupted shots up the center line using your muzzle climb.

I was failing at the failure drill until I learned a new trick last weekend. Instead of 2 to COM then aim at the head, take three uninterrupted shots up the center line using your muzzle climb.

I've heard this called 'zipper technique'. Sensible concept. I haven't practiced it enough to see if it actually improves splits or hit quality.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top