JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it is the Fourth. And it wouldn't be complete without hamburgers. I do enjoy making them for my family, though they are gone right now. I'm told they enjoy them very much.

So, on that topic, what are you favorite burger recipes? Thanks for sharing. :)
My brother has an interesting recipe:
Cheeseburgers that have cream cheese slices then add a roasted ortega chili

Well, it is the Fourth. And it wouldn't be complete without hamburgers. I do enjoy making them for my family, though they are gone right now. I'm told they enjoy them very much.

So, on that topic, what are you favorite burger recipes? Thanks for sharing. :)
If you're starting with bulk ground beef, start with something of about 80-85% lean meat.
To about 1.5 lbs. of meat, mix in some Johnny's and some Worchester sauce.
Not much, maybe a teaspoon of Johnny's and a Tablespoon of Worchester Sauce (adjust to taste as you get to know the recipe).
Put the meat in a bowl, add your seasonings, work it in with your hands.
go ahead, have a little sex with it. The wife will understand…( ;) )
Anyway, let it sit for about 10 minutes after mixing.
In the meantime grab some buns, I prefer Sesame over Kaiser because the Kaisers can fall apart sometimes, and spread a little butter on the undersides (not much, just a light coating. A little less than you'd use on your toast), start toasting them (good excuse to get a toaster oven, if you don't have one already).
Check your plates. Do you have a small plate that is dished? (kinda like this)
Spray a little Pam on the plate and slap a handful of meat on the plate. Spread out WITHIN the dish of the plate.
Makes for a nice sized patty. A friend had plates that could split a pound of ground round into 4 equal patties. Every time (Son of a #$^%$#).
Carefully peel it off the plate and put it on the skillet.
Set for Medium-high heat, 3 minutes on a side. Flip one last time, turn the heat off.
Pull the buns from the warmer (or the toaster, if the toasting process was timed right).
Place the patty on the bottom bun, apply cheese then if you're using cheese.
On top of the cheese; 2-3 swirls of Ketchup. One swirl of mustard. One slice of Sweet Onion. One Kosher baby dill pickle, sliced lengthwise 3 times. A slice or two of tomatoe. Some lettuce or spinach. Slather some mayo on the top bun.
Place top bun on lettuce (or spinach). Eat burger.
You've basically just made yourself a Burger King Whopper + mustard, but its SO much better when you make it yourself.
It's ok if you used pre-made patties (I just got a stack from Costco. The Angus ones. YUH-ME!).

Bon Appetite'. :)

P.S. Those toppings also work EXCELLENT as a sandwich.
Use a hoagie bun with some ham and cheese.

Last Edited:
...or you can head out my way and stop into FAT SMITY'S

o.jpg
220263_orig.jpg

...;)

...if you're in Seattle, we're all painfully aware of the best scarf food on the planet....

dicks-drive-in_AP_620.jpg
dicks-drive-in-food_Dicks-drive-in-FB_620.jpg

When I lived in Seattle, I could get a Deluxe, fries and a carton of milk for $2.43...side of onions was a nickel (I think it still is!). :eek::confused::);)

I have also occasionally also been known to make up a batch of French Dip-style dip, use that as a baste to keep the meat moist and juicy while going for Sizzling Hot and serve with a bowl for dipping. Works well with BBQ Sauce too, I stole the idea from Country Cousin restaurant in Centralia where they use Cattleman's. Good stuff! :)

Funny - I started reading your post and I said "sounds like he's making a Chehalis Dip!"
Years ago my family was at a place and we ordered "French Dip Sandwiches" and weren't expecting a burger and aujus. Since referred to by my family as Chehalis Dips. Very good btw.

I've been grinding trimmings of prime ribs for burgers. Good firm white fat that grinds well. My meatshop makes a bacon patty that's ground bacon trim. They press them into thin patties and are supposed to be used for breakfast sandwiches. I press a half pound of ground prime rib into an old lid from a gallon relish jar (lined with plastic wrap) and then press a bacon patty on each side. Bacon crusted prime rib burger- man, now I'm hungry..
Different toppings for different days
— blue cheese crumbles and A1
— chipotle mayo and pepper jack
— roasted portabello mushrooms

I know this is about recipe's, but since we're talking about burgers, does anyone remember the little stand out by Selah (Naches?) that made the giant hamburgers?
This would've been back in the mid-late 1970's. Little family run operation in a little wood shack on the side of the road.
$7.50 for burger, fries and a drink was highway robbery in those days, but considering that one burger probably had more meat than 10 fast food burgers, and the fact that it was fresh cooked over a grille made up for the "outrageous" price.
Man, 40+ years later, I still remember how good those burgers were....:s0136:

Back when I ate there it didn't have a name.
It was a stand on the side of the road...and by "stand", I mean like so much plywood nailed to a 2x4 frame (think like a newspaper stand, but wider).
The burgers were huge! Like the size of a Dinner plate!
Everything went into a paper box and you ate it in your car (or took it home if you lived close by).
I'm wondering if the family was ever able to spin that roadside stand into an actual restaurant.
I don't remember seeing it for very long. Maybe only a couple of seasons then we couldn't find it anymore.

Dean

I used to mix and blend all kinds of stuff in my burger. Don't bother now.
When I can, I buy grass fed beef right out of the grinder. I like mine so rare, they're almost raw inside, charred outside.
Form thick, 1/3+ lb patties.
Caramelize in butter a large onion and 8-12 crimini mushrooms. Prepare thin avocado slices. Have it ready by the grill.
Heat the grill to 600°F, generous KC season salt on the burgers as they go on the grill. Flip them every 60 seconds or so.
Toast Kaiser rolls while the burgers are grilling.
Mayo, pepper, horseradish mustard, ketchup and sweet relish on the buns. Sliced tomato & lettuce available.
Just before pulling the burger, put onion & mushrooms on top, generously top with bleu cheese.
Stick it on the bun, avocado on top of the cheese, close up the burger and chow.
Mine are usually eaten standing up, the kids hog into them right away.

I like to make a copy of one of the burgers I had during Portland burger week a few years ago.

- Season patties with salt & pepper, cook to a nice medium doneness.

- butter and toast inside of buns on griddle

- top with thick-cut bacon, arugula, goat cheese, and Mama Lil's hot peppers.

Absolutely to die for.

If looking for easy to make burger, take whatever patty you find tasty, lightly toast buns.
Add chedder cheese, some sweet onions and slather some mayo on the top bun.
...mayo and onion cheeseburger...super simple, super tasty. :s0116:

Lately all I've done is mix a little bbq sauce into the meat, maybe a little seasoned salt
If I go dry ingredients, I like to use a high fat meat and overseason it a hair to compensate for how much gets purged with the melted fat. Comes out pretty good

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews