JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We grill burgers a lot. Fresh buns and all the standard fixins. But I really love a good chili size. Open face patty on a bun covered with chili, cheese and onion served with corn chips.

I'm simple - lean ground beef (at least a half-pound per burger!), just a little salt, fresh ground black pepper, the sharpest Cheddar I can lay hands on and Gulden's spicy brown mustard.

If I'm feeling adventurous...
  • Italian Burger - mix in chopped pepperoni, mozzarella and Italian seasoning with the patty; baste with balsamic vinegar while cooking; top with sliced salami, black olives, Provolone and pizza sauce or marinara. Best on focaccia or ciabatta.
  • Luau Burger - mix in crushed pineapple; baste with teriyaki sauce; top with sliced ham, pineapple ring, cheese of choice and a little more teriyaki. Best on a King's Hawaiian bun.
  • Bavarian Burger - Pretzel roll with pastrami, Muenster and spicy mustard. Kraut optional, I prefer without.

That's pretty much exactly what I was gonna say... good meat (w some dry onion soup mixed-in if I'm feeling rowdy), kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper sparingly.
By way of update, I made burgers yesterday in the way described above and my lovely and gracious GF (who also happens to be incapable of lying) said they were the best burgers she ever ate... EVER.
I was unhappy w the cook*, but decided not to argue... shes way smarter than I.

*I like a good char on the outside and med/rare inside.... I got halfway there but the grill wasn't hot enough for a good exterior burn.

Costco sirloin burger patties with Worcester sause, and Costco low sodium apple smoked bacon on the grill till done medium, add medium Tillimook cheddar cheese on Franz full size burger buns and garnish to taste!
20190502_175229.jpg

I have also occasionally also been known to make up a batch of French Dip-style dip, use that as a baste to keep the meat moist and juicy while going for Sizzling Hot and serve with a bowl for dipping. Works well with BBQ Sauce too, I stole the idea from Country Cousin restaurant in Centralia where they use Cattleman's. Good stuff! :)

My range is open free if charge to a group that wants to do it.
TBH, amigo, I just pulled your name out of my arse, the first physically suitable location I thought of. Wasn't trying to volunteer you... though I will note that it'd certainly mean new eats and a chance to play with some new toys if such an event could be put together. :)

20190419_120006_resized_1.jpg
20190419_120016_resized.jpg

I prefer to skip the big kosher pickle, but I do like mine with Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. ;)

20190415-203902-resized.jpg

Sometime I also like it with a fried egg & sweet potato fries.

Last Edited:
Over white coals and I use very high fat ground beef.
If I can't get beef with a high enough fat content (the 'bama USDA turned fat into arsenic) and the people eating them don't mind 'em well done (no pink), I add ground pork in a ratio 4 parts beef:1 part pork - sometimes use seasoned ground pork .

Son and I have a bazillion allergies. So, DW makes chicken burger patties that are not dry. Son makes pork patties. We grill them, then I use Just Mayo either plain or chipotle, Claussen pickle slices, white or red onion, lettuce, beefsteak tomato slice, and some ketchup. Maybe BBQ sauce. Franz big buns, either onion, potato or "gourmet"(?). For me, a good burger is supposed to be a sloppy mess that starts to fall apart the moment you bite. I would like to think that my burgers are worthy of Dagwood Bumstead.

1/2 quality ground beef and 1/2 ground pork. Salt and pepper.

Cooking tip: Make a dimple in the center of the patty before cooking and the burgers will not puff up in the middle nearly as much when cooked. Grill on!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews