JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People get into bad habits with CCs. I know that very well - I almost went bankrupt about 25 years ago due to credit card debt.

But it is a matter of discipline - always paying that card off every month no matter what the amount is, trains you to think ahead; oh hey, yeah, I could plop down $10K for something, but come 30-50 days (depending on the timing) I still have to pay that card off. If I ever let myself not pay it, then I can get into some trouble.

This last year I paid for some medical bills and dental bills - about $20K worth - on the CC - when it came due, I paid it. But I got free use of that money for a while and some cash back. Just yesterday, $3300 repair/service bill on my car - the CC will carry that for over 6 weeks due to the billing cycle.

But it takes discipline and not everybody has that. For some people it is just easier and safer to use cash or its equivalent.

FYI - I don't have a checkbook. I use my debit card for small purchases. For monthly bills (e.g., mortgage) those get paid by the bank as a transfer or a bank check setup online. I no longer have to balance a check book or carry it around, or send snail mail. As forgetful and disorganized as I am, it is much simpler and reliable. In all the years I have had a checking account, I have never had the bank make a mistake in the balance - it was always me, and sometimes to the tune of a thousand dollars or more.

more data on people doing nothing to confuse the LE agencies... If the local cops go to a guys house 37 times without intervening...how are they going to review purchasing history of everyone who goes to a gun shop?

more data on people doing nothing to confuse the LE agencies... If the local cops go to a guys house 37 times without intervening...how are they going to review purchasing history of everyone who goes to a gun shop?

Exactly.

I also wonder how long it's going to be before places with "Red flag" laws start acting on information provided by card companies.

People get into bad habits with CCs. I know that very well - I almost went bankrupt about 25 years ago due to credit card debt.

But it is a matter of discipline - always paying that card off every month no matter what the amount is, trains you to think ahead; oh hey, yeah, I could plop down $10K for something, but come 30-50 days (depending on the timing) I still have to pay that card off. If I ever let myself not pay it, then I can get into some trouble.

This last year I paid for some medical bills and dental bills - about $20K worth - on the CC - when it came due, I paid it. But I got free use of that money for a while and some cash back. Just yesterday, $3300 repair/service bill on my car - the CC will carry that for over 6 weeks due to the billing cycle.

But it takes discipline and not everybody has that. For some people it is just easier and safer to use cash or its equivalent.

FYI - I don't have a checkbook. I use my debit card for small purchases. For monthly bills (e.g., mortgage) those get paid by the bank as a transfer or a bank check setup online. I no longer have to balance a check book or carry it around, or send snail mail. As forgetful and disorganized as I am, it is much simpler and reliable. In all the years I have had a checking account, I have never had the bank make a mistake in the balance - it was always me, and sometimes to the tune of a thousand dollars or more.
I have struggled with that lack of discipline way too often. Currently whittling down about 12k worth of CC debt. I have to play the balance transfer game to keep my balances on 0% to very low promo rates. It's gets tiring and I will be glad when it is done. Never again!

Who would be stupid enough to buy guns off the streets from fellow gangsters/ criminals using credit cards.. :rolleyes:
Almost anybody can get a credit card reader for their smart phone(ie- Square, etc). They only process dollar amounts, not inventory sku's. You'd be surprised how many street gangs have credit card operations.

CC's are something I use.

If you (whoever you may be) prefer to do business in cash by all means do so.

Me, I'm not frightened by using them.

Last few guns I bought I used a CC.

If the government wants to come after me as a law abiding gun owner, I'm simply not afraid...

I enjoy letting the credit card company pay me minimum 2% and up to 5% back on everything I buy, it gives me pleasure that they lose money on me as a customer constantly servicing my accounts and getting no interest out of me, ever.

That being said, cash does avoid certain problems, but if I lose a wallet full of $600 I'm likely out $600, if I lose a wallet of credit card I call the bank and get new plastic without losing anything.

I think this is being "over thought"

If big gov wants to harass you based on your credit card gun purchases, the problem is much bigger than them simply looking at your credit card purchases.

Personally, with all anti gun rhetoric espoused by credit card companies and banks. I've wondered why a pro-freedom company hasn't picked up a credit card processing wing and running on a staunch pro 2nd amendment supporting platform, garnered all the transactions of everyone buying freedom related items.

Some assume they live under the radar as they 'only use cash'...sorry chum, if you internet participate, you're just another bug under the electronic microscope...

I like to 'think' I'm somehow absolved from being noticed, but I (know deep down inside) if I play in the internet sphere, I'm part of those of those noticed even if my foot print is light as no fb, twit-shcitt, instabore, etc. for me.

Perhaps, if I lived without electricity or running water or hey, become one of those 'homeless' cretins, I wouldn't be part of big brother-ism, but that may be the only way, now where's my tin foil hat...?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top