JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So should I know how to code before I teach my 28 year old son how to code? or can I just figure with 10 years as a US NAVY electronics Tech and 14 years as a computer geek. He's on his own at this point.

Learning to code is not the biggest problem, it's learning to code properly. Too many business majors who had to take a class of programming and now think they're hot stuff who can manage programming departments and get rid of all those pesky time consuming things like coding style, commenting, review and documentation.

This may seem like a grasp, but being a proficient programmer as a teenager can be worth more than a high school education.

I'd take that one step further: Being able to analyze, break down and solve somewhat complex problems is a worthwhile skill to develop. Being in programming or a construction-type field. The ability to not say "Ahhh, I give up!" after 3 minutes of looking at something is actually fewer and further between than one would think and not just with kids.

"How and why to teach your kids to code"...Actually I think it would be prudent to teach young kids how to speak Spanish and Chinese. Just saying, might need to live south of the border if things get worse and China just might be the new world super power soon. You never know what the future might hold. But code? :s0009:

"How and why to teach your kids to code"...Actually I think it would be prudent to teach young kids how to speak Spanish and Chinese. Just saying, might need to live south of the border if things get worse and China just might be the new world super power soon. You never know what the future might hold. But code? :s0009:
What ever happened to teaching your kids actually life skills :s0071:

Society is so focused on computer technology or steering towards college related careers that it will bite society in the backside someday.

Wait a minute, I do believe we are already there.

What ever happened to teaching your kids actually life skills :s0071:

Society is so focused on computer technology or steering towards college related careers that it will bite society in the backside someday.

Wait a minute, I do believe we are already there.

With all the influx of illegals from the southern border I would think it would be a great idea to learn how to speak Spanish. Having that dialect could indeed lead into a valuable career. I also think that people need to be reminded that careers outside of technology fields can be quality careers also. And also very needed.

Too much reading, now my eyes hurt... I'll just be happy to cut/paste/delete and do spell check.... now I'm totally exhausted!!!

Just had a nap so I'm rested for a few minutes, something else I'd like to discus is with all these college courses for management careers that all the kids nowadays want, there will actually be no one to actually do the manual labor anymore. Then they will have to end up with career jobs having to manage the managers!!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top