JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Huh, maybe I'm not understanding how destroying police seized guns is anti-2A. I thought criminals with guns was a bad thing. What does that have to do with the Second Ammendment?
There's different thoughts around seizes or confiscated firearms. Some believe they should be sold off or auctioned off, that firearms shouldn't be destroyed. I get that point, and would agree if said firearm had historic or collector value. Others believe they should be destroyed, those of this camp are often viewed as being antigun.

Unless you have an absolute need for MS branded products or specific programs that require Windows, it isn' that hard to avoid MS, and you can often reliably make Windows programs run on Linux.

I haven't given MS a dime for 20 years. Wasn't hard.

I don't know if this has changed but I did "try" Linux. It was a disaster. When Vista first hit I helped a co worker set up her new machine. We had for that time new fancy WiFi. Her machine was running like molasses. Several times I thought it had locked up, it was just that damn slow. Knowing little at the time I thought the OS was the new Win Millennium. So I "heard" on another gun group how grand Linux was. Took an old XP machine, got a Linux disc, tried it. Something is "super easy" when you are an expert at it. I ended up formatting the drive on that machine a couple times and trying again. Finally gave up. At that time they had groups set up to help people using Linux. Page after page, after page of tons of info. How to make Linux "work just like Windows". I gave up. Then as now I know little how a PC works. I did not and do not want to learn how to engineer one. I just want to turn it on and play. A little later I found the real culprit with Vista was RAM. MS in their rush to get it to market told builders and the public it would run with 1/3 the RAM it really needed. RAM at that time was still VERY expensive. By the time I bought my first Vista Machine it had 3G of RAM instead of the 512 MB that first one had. Of course the machine ran fine. So as much as I dislike Bill and his idea's I just was not willing to learn the stuff necessary to join the chorus of "Oh Linux is just like Windows" people. I am sure it was and is, to those who lived to play with it. Flash forward many years and I discovered Chrome Books. Those I love, have a couple. VERY cheap, fast, and light to take to work. Of course there I am supporting Google who is every bit as bad as MS. When I see a Linux book that works like a Chrome Book I would be glad to try one. Till then sadly my hatred to MS is just not bad enough to again try to learn how to use Linux.

Didn't realize they were contributing to anti gun politicians... Now, I understand...

I had no idea they were supporting anti gun people either. It was the "publicity" behind the gun destruction that got people looking. This again was to me rubbing my nose in how they feel. Like the beer I loved if they had not rubbed my nose in it I would still be buying their knives. Since they made a choice to virtue signal how they support anti gun? Well that did it for me. Again to each their own. Don't much care if other gun owners keep buying their knives and not about to toss the ones I have. Just will not ever buy another just like I will not set foot in the new BiMart here.

It was a rhetorical question for the pro boycotters. And I still shop at BiMart, in spite of their mistaken position on refusing to sell to young voters.

Bi-Mart is 1/2 of our department stores here... the other is Walmart. The choice then is.... employee owned, or big corporate... whadya gonna do. Gotta buy your Chinese sch!t somewhere!!!

How bout we boycott Oregon Legislature instead? Stop voting for those ____________ !!!

Others believe they should be destroyed, those of this camp are often viewed as being antigun.

Being an enthusiast(to put it lightly;)), I get the "all guns are sacred" mantra.

However, the practical side of me still understands that firearms are tools. I'm not gonna shed a lot of tears over some P.O.S. Lorcins or Phoenix Arms finding their way to the scrap heap.

Yeah, who doesn't want a minty Raven 25 just 'cause?

That stated, who in their right mind is seriously looking for a jacked-up 'Saturday Night Special' as a reliable SD pistol?

I'd like to believe that any firearm of value wasn't getting destroyed. What LEO agency in their right mind would throw away a potential revenue source? If they were, then bubblegum them all to hell!:mad:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR