JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gee, the map shows Oregon as fighting this,...
Yet due to a Governor's (Kulongoski) executive order a few years back allowing DL's to aliens without non-citizenship notation, my ODL is now invalid as proof of citizenship, and renewal will require my birth certificate AGAIN in 2012.
Regardless of the fact that my BC was presented 40 years ago when I got my ODL initially, and has been the only DL I've had since.

I smell a politically motivated media slant.

Yes sir by golly, you have to have a birf certificate to get a ODL. On the other hand if you want to be President of the USA it ain't necessary. Ken

Could some one expand on the pros Vs cons to a national ID.

The 1 pro I come up with is it would be harder for illegal allins to obtain driver license.

Down side,,,, I am not sure,, social security # already acts as a national ID, a poor one, but a national ID still.

I've hated Real ID since it's inception. Exactly what does it accomplish? RFID? There's a lot of articles about disabling the RFID in passports.

I have to renew my dl this year too. Bring your Social Security card and proof of citizenship. What a croc. They shouldn't need my SSN.

With everything that's going on in the world today, if this is what gets you all wee wee'd up then you are not paying attention.

This Real ID BS is just one symptom of a totalitarian plan for the New World Order that Bush Senior crowed about 20 years ago. The International Banksters and their cohorts are dead serious about enslaving all of us and one way to do that is to track our every movement.. what we buy, where we go, what activities we are involved in.They have virtually disarmed every 1st world nation on the planet excepting the Swiss and the USA, and that was not for lack of trying. Cashless is another thing they desire so that they can track and control our existence

Anyone who cannot see the end game by now is asleep at the wheel. If we continue to resist their nefarious plans I foresee their attempt to genocide us. These creeps play for keeps

I am still not seeing the disadvantage to a national ID, maybe if they put a chip on it and start somehow tracking my movements.

I have a passport that I believe is chipped, maybe not. The passport is a national ID, allows me to fly even if my ODL is not accepted at an airport.

I just like the idea of making it harder for illegals to obtain a driver license, I like that alot.

I am still not seeing the disadvantage to a national ID, maybe if they put a chip on it and start somehow tracking my movements.

I have a passport that I believe is chipped, maybe not. The passport is a national ID, allows me to fly even if my ODL is not accepted at an airport.

I just like the idea of making it harder for illegals to obtain a driver license, I like that alot.

If it is voluntary and we can opt out I see no problem, if it is a requirement that is where I have a problem.

Lets be logical..what is wrong with this?

Illegals needing a DL?

The solution is quite easy. Bring home most of our troops deployed in about 70 + nations, and use them for border enforcement and for rounding up all the obvious illegals swarming in our streets. They could start right across the street from me..

Idiots. RFID is pretty damn easy to clone...Real ID actually won't do anything but piss off a fair percentage of the populace.

Yes, cloning can be done. But there are ways to defeat cloning, or at least increase the level of difficulty, such as embedding a unique serial number in each card, which is used in conjunction with two part key encryption. And if the encrypted info contained in your ID contains some biometric data, then it can be compared to the physical appearance of the holder.
If your card data indicates 54 year old female, but you are a 20 year old male, it may be sufficient difference to raise attention.
The real hurdle is the persistent resistance to a national ID card. Understandable if LEO can demand them on the street. Less understandable if it is only required for travel or to get government benefits. But if you let the camel's nose under the tent... does it follow jack booted brown shirts roam the street shouting "papieren!!"?

Lets be logical..what is wrong with this?

Illegals needing a DL?

The solution is quite easy. Bring home most of our troops deployed in about 70 + nations, and use them for border enforcement and for rounding up all the obvious illegals swarming in our streets. They could start right across the street from me..

What makes it obvious? They look Latin American? LEt's round up all the brownies, and deport everyone with an accent? That lets all the Africans, Asians and Europeans go free. Lots of folks come here on tourist visas and just stay. This is not only a southern border issue. You may have a means of detecting "obvious" that works on more folks, but if not, it looks like bigotry. (And no, I am not Latin American, despite the handle.)

What makes it obvious? They look Latin American? LEt's round up all the brownies, and deport everyone with an accent? That lets all the Africans, Asians and Europeans go free. Lots of folks come here on tourist visas and just stay. This is not only a southern border issue. You may have a means of detecting "obvious" that works on more folks, but if not, it looks like bigotry. (And no, I am not Latin American, despite the handle.)

Hey pal, it's quite obvious to most US citizens, and that includes a lot of "brown skinned" folks who have been here a LONG time. Did you know that a large number of the Minutemen border guys are Latinos? They see what's going on more personal and up close than many gringos who hide in their white suburbs

I have ZERO problem going home, getting in the safe and producing my birth certificate if any question arises. My ancestors all came here legally, starting almost 400 years ago

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top