JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.leg.state.or.us/11reg/measpdf/hb2700.dir/hb2796.intro.pdf

Am I reading this correctly?
Just to summarize, "If it's made in Oregon (not the store), you can have it without Federal regulation/taxation/registration etc?"

SECTION 3. (1) Personal firearms, ammunition and firearms accessories are not subject to the authority of the federal government to regulate interstate commerce and are exempt from federal law if the firearm, ammunition or accessory:

(a) Is manufactured in Oregon from basic materials;
(b) Is manufactured without the inclusion of significant parts imported from another
state; and
(c) Remains in Oregon.
(2) This section does not apply to:
(a) A firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person.
(b) A firearm that has a bore diameter greater than one and one-half inches and that
uses smokeless powder as a propellant.
(c) Ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy
after the projectile leaves the firearm.
(d) A firearm, other than a shotgun, that discharges two or more projectiles with one application of the trigger or other firing device.

SECTION 4. A firearm described in section 3 (1) of this 2011 Act that is manufactured in
Oregon must have the words "Made in Oregon" clearly stamped on a central metallic part.

Does this mean we can have cheaper (no stamp tax) silencers/suppressors and ammunition? :s0155:
From what I gather if it is made here, then there is no (known) tax at a federal level?
Obviously as stated on Section 3, 2-D that full-auto is not applicable. :(

Sorry if this has already been talked about I did not notice a thread on the issue.

EDIT- Link fixed.

I had no idea that was that they were trying to make a bill for that here that would be awesome!!! some other states already have that as a law. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

I hate to be the one to rain on anybody's parade, but even if it passes there's little chance of this bill changing anything. What company do you think would want to be the test case in the Federal courts. Bills like this one and similar bills passed in other states are symbolic. That is OK and I like the message it sends to the Feds, but don't look for things to change any time soon.

Give that assessment, how is it any different than how the federal government feels about states that legalize marijuana then? States say it's is legal, and the feds say no, and yet people are still doing what the law (of that state) allows.

Does not the tenth amendment apply?

I think more people ought to be on-board with personal responsibility, this way we can have the things we are entitled towards (while maintaining responsibility).

Give that assessment, how is it any different than how the federal government feels about states that legalize marijuana then? States say it's is legal, and the feds say no, and yet people are still doing what the law (of that state) allows.

Does not the tenth amendment apply?

I think more people ought to be on-board with personal responsibility, this way we can have the things we are entitled towards (while maintaining responsibility).

There's a huge difference between how the Fed views marijuana rights and how it views gun rights. While they may turn a blind eye towards medical marijuana or making possession of small amounts misdemeanors, which I agree with BTW, they view firearms rights as a danger to Federal power and authority. The stoners aren't likely to rise up to confront a tyrannical Govt. as long as they get their weed.

The Firearms Freedoms Acts are completely symbolic - that's why legislators are passing them (and chuckling to themselves about the gun vote). Ask any lawyer. The chance of the Supreme Court overturning the Commerce Clause for this act is exactly zero.

You could probably use a Firearm Freedoms Act as wallpaper in your jail cell though, so it does have some use. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top