Landhawk Arms
Sporting Systems
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Rifleworks
J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts
Oregon Arms & Ammunition

Hosting Plan Upgraded - No more server lag!

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
Many of you have commented that the server has been unresponsive and slow in the last few days, something I've noticed too. I tracked down the source of the problem today, and it turned out we were way over our allowed CPU usage on the server, caused by all the SQL queries from normal forum use. We were around 39% over, something I really didn't expect to happen so quickly. However, that's a good thing, as it' means the site is growing :D

I went ahead and doubled our hosting plan, and as I'm sure you can tell the forum is quick and responsive once again. I know it's not going to last as the site grows, but for the time being we should be good to go. My guess is they're going to have to move us to a dedicated server once we break 250-300 users.

Enjoy! :s0155:

Reactions
Lucky you are rich and can afford stuff like that ;)

I have 4 websites but none as cool as this..

you need to start selling shirts or something to keep up with your loses!

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
Haha I wish I was rich, I barely make ends meet. This is something I feel is worth it though, and I have hopes of one day making this site pay for itself.

I've been brainstorming different methods for generating some revenue. T-Shirts and other swag are one method I've been thinking about. I also have a few people interested in advertising already, so I'll probably throw up a few ads once we get things rolling. Any other ideas are much appreciated :D

Reactions
Just set up a paypal donate button.. I am sure people will donate a buck or 2...
I know some websites if you donate a certain amount, lets Say $10 then you get designated as a member..

your Name might be a different color, or you get a banner under your name!

NOT POSTWHORE!

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
Looks like I spoke too soon, as we're still having issues. This will be resolved as soon as possible.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online