JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,

I picked up a box of the Hornady ELD match 73gr .224" bullets the other day. I am planning to load them for my AR, and would like to keep them magazine length.

I didn't think about the added length of the tipped bullet when I bought them. I was messing around with the overall length tonight, and I think I will be uncomfortably far off the lands if I load them to magazine length. The polymer tip on the bullet adds about 0.07" to the overall length, when compared to hornady's 68gr HPBT. I have had good luck with the HPBT, but it already sits about 0.07" off the lands at magazine length. I am planning to load them with Varget and CFE 223, to see how they perform.

I was wondering if anybody has experience with them in the AR platform? And if anybody has come across decent accuracy?

I wouldn't worry too much about the jump. Just make sure you're not sitting so far down in the neck as to lose tension.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top