JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't get any of that. She came in , sat down we had coffee and she went down the briefing list. Calling it an interview is really not how it works.
Similar experience with me. Of course their eyes will wander while they are there. That's their job. But they did not ask to walk around or see my security measures or anything of the sort.

As stated, and hinted, the ATF just wants everything done legally. Dot your I's and cross your T's.

Believe it or not, you can actually call your local ATF office and talk to them. Let them know what you are planning/wanting, and ask for their advice and opinion(s). They will tell you the laws and legalities. The Agent's I've talked to were very nice and helpful.

I would wait until the legalities of measure 114 and the like all shake out. There is a possibility that there could be no gun sales for 3 years until some sort of training is done and if so there will be a time lag in people getting the training as well.
If the law leaves it up to powers that be to say what counts as acceptable training, requiring training to get a permit to buy could turn out to mean nobody being able to buy guns in Oregon indefinitely.

Also some Wholesalers won't sell to you if you don't have a brick and mortar store or at least an unattached building with regular hours.
^^True. And some require minimum inventory (or minimum order) of ten firearms. At least one (1) wholesaler asked to see my A&D book. Some manufacturers like Colt won't let the wholesaler ship to you without a separate signed agreement.

I am told all of this was different before the Clinton era, i.e., the "golden age" of kitchen table FFLs.

Decided to apply to become an FFL and do homebased and travelling transfers within my commute to work. If anyone has any experiences why this is or is not a good idea, I would like to hear them. Thank you
My go to FFL, before I moved, was home-based. He said it was the best decision he ever made. He was retired, owned his home outright, and had no overhead other than normal living expenses. He charged $10 or $20 depending on what was being transferred. I asked him why he didn't charge more, and he just said his fees were enough to cover his living and he enjoys the people he gets to interact with. He kept his books super clean and never had any issues.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews