JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you have when you have a lawyer up to his neck in cement?
Not enough cement!
Just when you think that people couldn't possibly get any stupider you read something like this! :mad::confused::eek:

Not a good comparison.

Movie theaters don't make anything on ticket sales. All that money goes to the production and marketing company. The ONLY income the movie theater makes is from the sale of concessions. The have a huge building, massive investment in equipment and large staff that has to be paid for by income.

The $12 soda and $20 popcorn is simply the cost of overhead plus a small profit. Out of that $22 you spent on a pop and popcorn probably $2 of is profit, the rest just covers expenses.

I know it's more fun to think "those dirty bastards!" The truth is it's the only business model that works. The alternative is $40-$50/each tickets and reasonable prices on candy and drinks and nobody will go for that. At least this way it is you have an option not to buy snacks

We don't go to them anymore due to my hearing impairment.... ripoff though!!!

I actually know of theaters that are going more "upscale" and charging higher ticket prices--but they're also giving you better seats, less seats per screen (thus, less crowd jostling and experience-ruining ankle-biter screaming) AND a gourmet meal for that fifty bucks a seat.

It was a big thing in the industry a few years back...

I actually know of theaters that are going more "upscale" and charging higher ticket prices--but they're also giving you better seats, less seats per screen (thus, less crowd jostling and experience-ruining ankle-biter screaming) AND a gourmet meal for that fifty bucks a seat.

It was a big thing in the industry a few years back...

And for that no one brings in their crying baby, right? So worth it!

Maybe the problem is the metric system. They're probably measuring in Celsius/meters per second squared :rolleyes:

Well, at least a pint is still a pound the whole world 'round ;)

upload_2017-6-23_12-16-22.jpeg

This is just like people suing over hot coffee. The "men" that initiated this need to stay out of Home Depot and leave the work up to the real MEN. :rolleyes:
I tried to let the fence repair be handled by the "professionals" once. Guess being a real man isn't a requirement to be a professional these days. :rolleyes:

They used a prebuilt fence section. And kicker? Wrong section got replaced. I just replace the sections myself, building the section piece by piece. Looked good, but now the rest of the fence looks like crap. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top