JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Typical, tell someone how the world really works and they think you must be from another planet.

The truth is almost never popular when it goes against a preconceived notion. :(

I was funnin' wit ya.

Your response to albin25 was hilarious because you totally missed his joke (or maybe you didn't, but your post certainly gave that impression). It was like:

"I'm sorry, Mr. Benny, but there's no way I can take your wife because she's married to you, not me. To assume that I have the means or desire to care for your wife, while you ignore your marital vows is simply beyond my ken. What sort of man would abandon his wife so casually, I ask in all seriousness? It matters not that you feign good manners with the use of 'please', because the truth is that to even contemplate such a thing makes you a cad unworthy of the title of 'gentleman'! Good day, Sir!"

So despite the truth of everything you wrote, it made me laugh to see how completely you seemed to miss the joke (which I thought was pretty darn funny).

I was funnin' wit ya.

Your response to albin25 was hilarious because you totally missed his joke (or maybe you didn't, but your post certainly gave that impression). It was like:

"I'm sorry, Mr. Benny, but there's no way I can take your wife because she's married to you, not me. To assume that I have the means or desire to care for your wife, while you ignore your marital vows is simply beyond my ken. What sort of man would abandon his wife so casually, I ask in all seriousness? It matters not that you feign good manners with the use of 'please', because the truth is that to even contemplate such a thing makes you a cad unworthy of the title of 'gentleman'! Good day, Sir!"

So despite the truth of everything you wrote, it made me laugh to see how completely you seemed to miss the joke (which I thought was pretty darn funny).

Nope, I totally missed the joke. I was reading it on my phone and simply read it as a complaint against movie theater prices....

So yeah.... My bad.:oops:

This has to be the stupidest lawsuit in the world. In every book from professional to building for dummies it is clearly written in plain English that the nominal size of lumber is not the actual size of lumber which is smaller. I hope the judge throws out the suits. People today are so stupid, I am glad I don't have too many more years and things like this do nothing for my blood pressure. Oh, I forgot a lot of people here don't speak English anymore.

Not a good comparison.

Movie theaters don't make anything on ticket sales. All that money goes to the production and marketing company. The ONLY income the movie theater makes is from the sale of concessions. The have a huge building, massive investment in equipment and large staff that has to be paid for by income.

The $12 soda and $20 popcorn is simply the cost of overhead plus a small profit. Out of that $22 you spent on a pop and popcorn probably $2 of is profit, the rest just covers expenses.

I know it's more fun to think "those dirty bastards!" The truth is it's the only business model that works. The alternative is $40-$50/each tickets and reasonable prices on candy and drinks and nobody will go for that. At least this way it is you have an option not to buy snacks
Last time I checked $12.00 + $20.00 is $32.00 :p

My house is so old that the 2x4's are really 2x4...
My last house was too.
When the guy came to inspect it he said that quality of lumber wasn't available at any price any longer.
He said it was all old growth/slow growth Doug Fir with really tight grain.

But he also said if it ever caught fire, it was really gonna go up fast.
The house was built in the '40s, and this was the '90s, so that wood was at least 50 years dry.

I worked on a WW2 era house in SE Portland that had random sized pieces of plywood cobbled together to make studs.
To make things even more difficult while remodeling, all the wall cavities were filled with sawdust.
Over two feet deep in the attic.

There are some really old houses that have such beautiful non-dimensional beams sometimes sitting on random concrete blocks holding them up. They have also made it through the elements and a couple of Oregon earthquakes. I would love to get my hands on one of those old school "milled on site" old growth beams and find a way to display it tastefully in a new construction build.

red-forman-dumbass-its-simple-math-your-a-dumbass.jpg

I know the reasoning, but it does feel a little scammy. So they measure the wood before it is dry and planed. But when would I buy green wood and bring it home and dry and plane it? You should measure it as the finished product, not the mid stage product.

If you dont work with wood a lot it is frustrating. I've measured out a project and used 2 inches for my 2x4 only to remember it's only 1.5 inches after I cut some other board.

but its not frustrating enough to waste money suing a company that did not make the standards for the boards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top