JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is just like people suing over hot coffee. The "men" that initiated this need to stay out of Home Depot and leave the work up to the real MEN. :rolleyes:

The result of this will be all the labeling having the actual dimensions. And they better not be off.

I wish I could see what life in this country will be like when my kids are my age.

Crissakes - dimensional lumber is measured by the rough cut and not the finished cut. The people suing HD should have stupid tattooed on their fore heads. This is just a vehicle for somebody to make money at the expense of everybody else who shops at stores that sell lumber. Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. will simply have to pass the cost of these types of lawsuits along to you and me.

We need tort reform NOW! These aholes are also a BIG part of why medical care is so expensive as well as medicines.

Speaking of being ripped off!!...
......What's up with movie theatres? Whenever I order the "large" popcorn they don't give me larger popcorn, just a bag full of the regular size ones!:mad:

SMH

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Sounds like time for some folks to surrender their man cards - they clearly don't qualify.

Is this news real? Or is it fake news? What sane lawyer would present the suit? I can see bickering about straightness and dryness but because of dimensional size?

We have rejected whole slid dump loads of studs because they were warped and green. The sheet rock job would have been impossible. But we never sued over it.

This whole think makes me laugh. Sorry. Just me. We recently rejected another batch of "premium grade" bone dry straight Fir 2x4 wall studs because they were NOT. Junk!

Hmmm, I see a money making opportunity here from the very same idiots who are suing Home Depot and Menards.

"Why yes those are 16 penny nails. You have a hundred of them. Your total is $16."

Speaking of being ripped off!!...
......What's up with movie theatres? Whenever I order the "large" popcorn they don't give me larger popcorn, just a bag full of the regular size ones!:mad:

Not a good comparison.

Movie theaters don't make anything on ticket sales. All that money goes to the production and marketing company. The ONLY income the movie theater makes is from the sale of concessions. The have a huge building, massive investment in equipment and large staff that has to be paid for by income.

The $12 soda and $20 popcorn is simply the cost of overhead plus a small profit. Out of that $22 you spent on a pop and popcorn probably $2 of is profit, the rest just covers expenses.

I know it's more fun to think "those dirty bastards!" The truth is it's the only business model that works. The alternative is $40-$50/each tickets and reasonable prices on candy and drinks and nobody will go for that. At least this way it is you have an option not to buy snacks

Not a good comparison.

Movie theaters don't make anything on ticket sales. All that money goes to the production and marketing company. The ONLY income the movie theater makes is from the sale of concessions. The have a huge building, massive investment in equipment and large staff that has to be paid for by income.

The $12 soda and $20 popcorn is simply the cost of overhead plus a small profit. Out of that $22 you spent on a pop and popcorn probably $2 of is profit, the rest just covers expenses.

I know it's more fun to think "those dirty bastards!" The truth is it's the only business model that works. The alternative is $40-$50/each tickets and reasonable prices on candy and drinks and nobody will go for that. At least this way it is you have an option not to buy snacks
How's the weather on Vulcan?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top