JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I worked in a manufactured home factory, we would sort through the 2x4s and 2x6s they used for framing. We would reject about a third of them because they were not straight enough. The other two factories I worked at usually didn't bother unless they couldn't make it work at all.

When framing additions, I would save the straightness studs for kitchen and bathroom walls.
Made hanging cabinets way easier.
Once pre cut studs became available, the quality rose considerably.

Not a good comparison.

Movie theaters don't make anything on ticket sales. All that money goes to the production and marketing company. The ONLY income the movie theater makes is from the sale of concessions. The have a huge building, massive investment in equipment and large staff that has to be paid for by income.

The $12 soda and $20 popcorn is simply the cost of overhead plus a small profit. Out of that $22 you spent on a pop and popcorn probably $2 of is profit, the rest just covers expenses.

I know it's more fun to think "those dirty bastards!" The truth is it's the only business model that works. The alternative is $40-$50/each tickets and reasonable prices on candy and drinks and nobody will go for that. At least this way it is you have an option not to buy snacks
I used to own a tourist business. The box that the popcorn comes in costs more than the popcorn. When they sell you a box of popcorn and a large bulk drink they maybe have 30¢ invested in the product.

This has to be the stupidest lawsuit in the world. In every book from professional to building for dummies it is clearly written in plain English that the nominal size of lumber is not the actual size of lumber which is smaller. I hope the judge throws out the suits. People today are so stupid, I am glad I don't have too many more years and things like this do nothing for my blood pressure. Oh, I forgot a lot of people here don't speak English anymore.
Right in there with the people suing computer manufacturers because their 1TB hard drive was only 998GB of usable space.

Gotta love it. Courts let people be awarded money for stupid stuff but not one court will entertain a lawsuit for everyday business/government violating our rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top