JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The young man acted as the head of the household and did what he could and needed to do, my hat is off to him. He exchanged shots, took hits and still won the lives of his siblings, a true hero.

Now a quote from the article:
"The van was described as a gray 1990 Chevrolet Astrovan with license number 7CHR190. Anyone with information about the van or the suspects is asked to call (800) 808-0488."

Are they serious? Faces on the security, plate # recorded and two hit with one dead and they still need more info? The ineptness amazes me. I hope the young hero has a full recovery and only wish that he had got them all so as to save those bumbling along asking for more info the time and money of doing their job finding and prosecuting these scum.

Yeah, I was kinda weirded out that they needed more info than pictures, a license plate, and two dead or wounded accomplices.o_O

THINK FOLKS . . . These guys have established that they are bad guys so we dare not be hasty!!

It would be different if the coppers were going into an 80 something year-old's house . . .
In that case they would need no further investigation. They would batter down the door, shoot his dog and him and THEN create an explanation.

Sheldon

What is amazing about this story is the quick response by the defender. Remember his gun was in the gun safe (probably important considering an 11 and 8-year-old in the house). The defender was able to retrieve the gun, exchange several shots with the two intruders, kill one of them and injure the other. All from the safe, before 6:00 a.m. Now that is clear-headed thinking.

On the other hand, there were apparently four criminals involved. Two went into the house and two stayed in the van. Losers. They will be caught.

Update: The dead man was identified, and the accomplice was also ID'd. He survived, but has already been charged with murder. According to the article, under California state law the accomplice can be charged with murder because "someone died during the crime, even though the accomplice did not pull the trigger." Hah. Shot several times, and now gets a murder trial.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR