Home based FFL in WA?

Reactions
Anybody have a home based ffl? Worth the hassle to get guns sent to your door and do a few transfers for other people to keep the license? Just curious to see what you guys think

Reactions
I know my dad had an FFL for "home-based stuff' for a while. He didn't renew due to fees and headaches, he says, brought on by 9/11.

MountainBear

Reactions
ATF can inspect your house at their demand. Most distributors won't sell to you without a separate location from your residence. Insurance can be an issue. Security can be an issue. I had mine at my home in Oregon for a gunsmithing business, and was very happy the day I switched it to a separate location.

I enjoy having my FFL, but I miss buying, selling, and trading guns off the books. The only legal way I can sell a gun without going through business now is to check a gun into my books, check it out to myself, and keep it over a year. Other than that, everything has to go through the books. There was a certain entertainment factor to FTF transactions over the years.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom