JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree 100%. I wanted to get one but needed a belt “NOW” so I end up with the 5.11 because it was available. It had been doing the job and no real reason to replace it just yet.

OSOE also has some great nylon belts.

I have the SOE 1.5 rigid belt with cobra buckle, it is awesome and feels indestructible! I like the idea of a leather belt but not the idea of having fixed sizes with belt holes. The SOE is adjustable given the cobra buckle and so easily accommodates OWB and IWB set ups without lengthy modifications or lots of overlap.

I wear mine daily and it makes a huge difference to concealed carry. The only negative is that some belt loops will require you to take the buckle head off the belt in order to get it on and off... So switching pants can sometimes be a pain, but failing that this is one mean functional piece of equipment!

I'm due to do a mini review soon so I will let you know....

The SOE belt linked above is a duty belt; they are not designed to go through belt loops in pants.

Duty belts are designed to be worn in conjunction with and outside your pants belt, which is equipped with either Velcro hooks on the outside of the pants belt to mate with the Velcro loops on the SOE, or to be used with belt keepers like the police use.
Hope this helps.

I have been using a quick ship belt from ag custom daily for about 2 years. I carry full size weapons typically glock 21 with surefire x300 ultra or full size 1911 and this belt holds the weight awesome especially in RKBA kydex holster

<broken link removed>

I don't know about a good gun leather belt losing stiffness over time.

Maybe, a tiny bit. Kind of like, is a commander 1911 less accurate than a full size 1911?

Maybe, a tiny bit. But I'll take a leather belt over my 5.11 tactical webbed belt anyday.

Mine was made by Eugene Oppe up in Sedro-Wooley, 1 1/2" double layer…anybody know what happened to him?

Be well,
Will

As a follow up, here's the belt and holster set up:

09F9EADC-B8E9-4044-86FA-637A8901364A_zpsowb68mvh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been wearing the Hanks Amish belt for a few weeks. Too soon for long term review, but for now I am satisfied.
One each black and brown, alternate with iwb holsters and cwp carry. Variety is good.
Have had two custom made gun belts both double layers stitched in the past. Expensive and did not last.
These thick Amish belts are comfortable and the cross breed or com tac (glock) both disappear when wearing with this belt.
For the price and function, they are a good value and worth it for me. Good balance between comfort and support.

There are much better belts at higher prices even some made locally by famous leather craftsman that are great. Great to have choices.

Tried a nylon type but did not like it.
Order at least two sizes larger if iwb carry!!
Was thinking about changing out the buckle, they use Chicago screws so easy to do, but the roller buckle is very heavy duty and looks good.

What are you wearing? Recently purchased couple of 5.11 web belts that have the standard plastic buckles for wear with several different holsters. Issue is the buckles do not hold the belt when tightened. When snugged and the tail is passed through the second slot of the buckle the belt is not held snugged and slips.

So...what are you wearing for a holster belt?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Ted Blocker in Tigard OR, makes the finest leather belts made today.
They hold up for decades. :D

Lots of good belts listed here. I wear a Crosstac in OD green. It has a little compartment for a hide able knife as well as a slot in the rear to hide some cash. It's comfy as well. I use the knife compartment to store an additional house key JIC.

I've been thinking if getting a second in a brighter color for those days I dress up a bit.

The wifey has one too. She rarely wears it. She's an off body carry type.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top