Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holster Belts?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by PeglegJones, Dec 20, 2013.

1. PeglegJones

PeglegJones Ferndale,WA Member

What are you wearing? Recently purchased couple of 5.11 web belts that have the standard plastic buckles for wear with several different holsters. Issue is the buckles do not hold the belt when tightened. When snugged and the tail is passed through the second slot of the buckle the belt is not held snugged and slips.

So...what are you wearing for a holster belt?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

2. Nickb

Nickb Moxee Active Member

I'm wearing a custom leather holster from CCS Gunwear out of Yakima on one of his belts.
    545F6720-922E-439E-A0A4-18B1131D53BA-13427-00000D8E30144297_zps880f63f7.jpg
    2EB70AEF-1032-410F-B53D-F1F6F350C8FA-11400-00000B7B34325A5B_zpsb2d5a80e.jpg

Extremely reasonable pricing, great products, hand made locally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rsmccsman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

I've got a leather Bullhide belt with the Ultrasuede backing. It is an excellent belt that is made in the USA and they are made to order just how you want it. The Ultrasuede backing keeps it from moving around. I love this belt. Turnaround time is fast too. I think it was 8 days from when I ordered it until it arrived.

thumbnail.asp.jpg

thumbnail.asp.jpg

4. idahoan

idahoan Boise, Idaho Active Member

I am wearing a Hanks Clothing Amish belt, they are pretty cheap and are fantastic quality.
    Made in the USA! I have the 1.5" gunner eagle in black and brown and love em both.
    http://www.hanksclothing.com/

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Nickb

For deep concealment I use an IWB from firearm holster.com, another quality holster for cheap. The best thing about it is how adjustable the height and can't is, also the felt like material on the back makes it real comfortable.
    F76233D1-A701-45F2-97B9-EE65BD418768-815-000000A5A8C57584_zps2a2343c8.jpg
    This can also be worn OWB with the clips off.

6. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

For nylon, its hard to beat the original Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belt. Tactical Belts, Duty Belt, Military Belt, Instructor Belt

Since leather is using a buckle type system versus a nylon type that can be snugged to whatever sized needed, the leather belt must be made and fitted better.

The leather belt should be double thick and stiff, as it will lose stiffness over time/use.

A good quality belt will run some money...

GOG, Backfire, Martini_Up and 9 others like this.
  7. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

+1 on the Wilderness 5 stitch

8. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

When wearing jeans I wear a 5 stitch Wilderness belt, with slacks I wear a belt from RG leather

misc_103.jpg

9. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I have a Ted Blocker (Oregon made) leather belt. It's really stiff and really well made. I bought it at the Sportman's Show last year for about $100 (girlfriend thought I was nuts). Before that I had a Galco leather belt, it was junk compared to this.

10. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I've a number of different belts over the decades, they all wore out. now I pocket carry or shoulder holster, thin nylon SH is concealable

11. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a brown leather belt made by Montana Slings. It's only one layer, but it's thick. Like Wichaka said, leather limbers up over time. I've been wearing this belt daily for a few years and it's still a great belt for holster carry. BTW, I carry an all steel Commander sized 1911. Not a lightweight gun for sure.
    My only complaint about the belt was the buckle. It came with a cheapish "brass" buckle, but I have an old brass buckle that was Grandpa's I planned on using all along. That buckle will move on to the next belt when this one does get too soft.

12. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

The timing for this thread is simply perfect!! I am in the market for a good belt since the one I currently have is showing its age.

I like the pro's and con's listed here between Nylon and Leather. It now makes me think I should buy one of each.

Nylon sounds long lasting and durable but not exactly what you would wear with your Sundays best.

Leather you can wear with anything but sounds like it is prone to eventually stretch and wear out in a couple 2,3,4,5 years. Double thick seems to be the best way to go.

Good ideas!! Thanks!

13. Nickb

Mine from Ccs Gunwear has a plastic reinforcement between the two layers of leather. All of his products carry a lifetime warranty.

14. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

I must be doing something wrong.
    My leather belts keep shrinking . . .

Sheldon

Got2gohuntin, orygun, Rotty and 5 others like this.
  15. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Kramer (Tacoma) double horsehide leather belt

16. PeglegJones

PeglegJones Ferndale,WA Member

Which 5.11 do you have? I have two and with both the buckle does not hold the belt where you snug it.

17. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I've got a Ted Blocker also and it's a nice belt.

18. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Ares Gear ranger belt.

19. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

I have a couple GALCO gun belts. The one I like best is the CB3 Concealable because it becomes thinner in the front and so looks less like a gun belt but has the thickness to carry the weight of the weapon and mags.

The things last forever, and for the price, they should. Another instance of getting what you pay for.

20. tdb59

tdb59 OR Active Member

Ted Blocker that I bought in 1985.

:thumbup: