JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I posted a thread last year asking for holster recommendations. I have 3 now that I really like. Only problem is I don't have a good belt to support them. I've been looking around and browsing online but haven't found any that really caught my eye. I have not been able to find a store with a good selection of gun belts or with belts in my size. I would love to support local business. If anyone has a company that they love, let me know. I'm not looking to spend more than $150 unless it's a REALLY durable and REALLY pretty

Start by deciding if you want leather or nylon/webbing.

If you're interested in the later, I've had good luck with the Aegis Enhanced. It's going on five years now and should have another five years of life in it...at least. My buckle, however, is the Gen 1 in stainless. I don't have any experience with the new buckles but I'm sure they're fine and hold up.

Last Edited:
Kore belts

I have an Area Aegis belt. Very high quality and a good stiffness to it. I wear it every day carrying or not.

There is a sticker shock though, they go for about $110 shipped.

Only belt I run is an Ares Aegis. I've had mine for over 10+ years. Plus it doesn't scream tactical with cobra buckles and bull $hit. Just a clean look. https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?...d=1158&zenid=ebebdf98c072bbf4a61b48a5e85de103

E41AFA1F-1BB6-4E18-B135-05A37C8726D6.jpeg

Kore belts

I second the Core. I have the leather and the tactical. The leather works well, but I would wear it out in about 18 months. The inner support would break apart. I have been wearing the tactical for about 2 years now and it holds up much better. The leather is more comfortable for EDC, but the tactical provides significantly more support for the gun.

A nice thing about the Core is that they sell the belt separate from the buckle, so replacement belts are quite a bit cheaper.

Edit to add, the ratcheting system is the best. I need every belt to work this way!

I have two belts, one black and one brown, and still looking good from daily wear for several years. Both from Alien Gear: double layer leather sandwich around spring-steel core. $74 They also sell tactical rigger belts, suspenders, etc.

Amish ebay site. lol

'Amish made'.

You laugh, but they are serious leather belts. Why pay more.......for a tactitard brand?

I put belts through hell. I've been wearing the same one every day for over 5 years in all types of weather. It's still as stiff/sturdy and looks as good as the day that I received it. I won't be surprised if it lasts me 20+ years.

Go somewhere else and pay $75, $100, $125 for one that will wear out in a few years; if that's your thing.

My favorite belt is the Wilderness Instructors belt, 6 years and counting and stiff as can be still, I opted for the 5 stich model and you can get a polymer inner liner for even more stiffness. I also have the frequent flyer model for a light weight belt (the Delrin buckles weigh a lot less than the steel buckle)

I don't doubt the quality. I'm just picturing an
'Amish made'.

You laugh, but they are serious leather belts. Why pay more.......for a tactitard brand?

I put belts through hell. I've been wearing the same one every day for over 5 years in all types of weather. It's still as stiff/sturdy and looks as good as the day that I received it. I won't be surprised if it lasts me 20+ years.

Go somewhere else and pay $75, $100, $125 for one that will wear out in a few years; if that's your thing.

I don't doubt the quality. I'm just picturing an Amish guy sitting at a computer.

Been wearing these belts for the past two years. Just ordered a 2nd set. Amazing strength and durability, inexpensive as heck.
At my max EDC, I'll have a Buck folder, Leatherman Wave and my GP100 4" on my hip. Carries them all without sag or stretch.
Added bonus, absolutely NO metal to set off DHS screen metal detectors.

i also love ratcheting system. Traditional style with holes just aren't as functional... each increment might be too large.
Right? Also, the ability to tap the release if I am sitting in the car or something and it pops open one notch for just a little more comfort is great. Then just pull it to tighten back up when I get out. No need to Mess with a buckle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top