JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep in mind it is ALWAYS a good idea to do your holster shopping BEFORE you buy a light. There are tons of new lights hitting the market all the time but the holster makers do not even try to keep up. There's just too many. That off brand or new light might be cheaper than a Surefire or Streamlight but if you can't find a holster that fits it, it doesn't help much.

That holster you posted says it should fit a P226 so you should be fine. And I couldn't figure out what lights work with it either. That's Safariland. They don't make things easy on you.

Anyway, yes, it should mount to an RTI system. G Codes stuff is patterned to work with Safariland, you just need to buy the right adapter (there's a metal bracket of sorts that connects the holster to the RTI wheel). And seriously if you've never used G Codes RTI system or Safariland's QLS system (same functionality just a little different design) you'll never want to go back to a traditional belt mount. They're just super easy to take things on and off, move them around, etc.

On that holster, keep in mind that Safariland's rotating hood is manual...there's a big button that you manually have to push down to rotate the hood forward. This results in a slower draw and requires more physical force to get the hood out of the way...which might be a good thing if you're a cop and retention is a paramount concern. In comparison, G Codes hood system is spring loaded and is easier and faster to engage. If I'm going to use a hood, I greatly prefer G Codes over Safariland...but I'm not a cop so retention isn't as high of a priority to me. YMMV. G Codes holsters are top notch too BTW so you can buy with confidence.

All good info. My main issue with my light, was I wanted something that was flush or back from the end of the barrel, as I like minimizing excess bulk. I'm not very consistent with carrying, I don't want to take my light off to carry, and there aren't very many flush options for a p10c that anyone makes a holster for.

Now...I have seen a couple videos showing different safari land holsters made for whatever pistol and a tlr-1 that many of the other lights fit in and retention is still good. And for a duty holster, the extra plastic from the bigger light probably wouldn't really be an issue like it is for a conceal carry holster.

man, some of you are super knowledgeable. really appreciate you sharing your insight and experiences. I can't stand the look of those newer 7TS.

what about the 6320? seems to be made for the 226. not clear on what lights fit, anyone know if I can use the RTI system with it? I like the ALS, but I have zero need for the holster to be removable from the belt, so I'd prefer the additional adjustments of RTI.

EDIT: also, apparently I need to buy a TLR-1 because NO ONE makes a holster for a 226 with a TLR-8.

For the needs you describe, I wouldn't bother. I'd go with a 6354 on the spendy side, or a 6378 on the cheaper side. ALS is the thumb deactivated retention button. The ALS alone is a Level I device. QLS is the quick detach system.

You can go to the Safariland website and use their holster finder and it will ask you some questions and then spit out some sku numbers. I take the numbers and search online for the best price. I probably have 20 Safariland holsters at the moment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top