JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm glad I got one, I think his opinion was overly harsh, it's a good gun, I'm not getting rid of it, Im not a huge fan of the ppq, just dosent feel right when I shoot it, but I've only put about 200 rounds through one. that's the good thing about options, everyone is different, no one gun is perfect for everyone, and everyone has an opinion and thinks theirs is right, not one person is built the same so I suggest trying to shoot one first

So that guy doesn't like the gun because it doesn't live up to a price that no one is asking for it (they're going for ~$630, not $700+), and it's not as nice as his favorite gun, because of the "design" (his Walther is known to be "designed" so that it increases the felt recoil of 9mm to that of .40S&W)?

Okay. I'll check one out for myself. We are talking about a gun that retails for ~$300 less than a P30, and within $75 of a Gen 4 Glock. I don't expect the price to drop by 1/3 on anything for no reason, perhaps others do?

I just want a striker-fired trigger on a basically HK gun, and the fact that it shares mags with my wife's gun is a nice bonus.

PS-I don't know of any gun that comes stock with sights that I'd plan to keep, so that's a non-issue for me. Also, the "charging handles" on the slide are removable, just pop out the rear sight and they come right off.

it's an HK. you shouldn't have to swap stuff out. you shouldn't have to make excuses for it.

the VP9 is just overhyped. sort of like the P320. what does it do better than any other stiker fired gun?

it's an HK. you shouldn't have to swap stuff out. you shouldn't have to make excuses for it.

the VP9 is just overhyped. sort of like the P320. what does it do better than any other stiker fired gun?

I'm sorry, but that's just not true of any gun. No gun is perfect. If it were, there would be no multi-million dollar aftermarket industry in firearms, and you never would have heard of Magpul or Trijicon. It is not making excuses to acknowledge that people have different preferences and that a firearm is a personal thing, which is worth customizing to many people. If the sights are that big a deal, then buy the model that comes with factory night sights, just like every other manufacturer offers.

All guns are over hyped when they are released. No one other than the ad people, and maybe a few "shooting celebrities" on the internet, all of whom get paid to do so, think otherwise. It's advertising, it's their job, and Madison Avenue was built on it.

What it may do, just may not a guarantee, better than other striker fired guns is fit people's hands better with a more adjustable grip to provide a more sure and comfortable hold on the gun and better trigger reach, provide a product with better quality control than competitors out of the box, be paired with better quality magazines than the others because HK is a magazine company that happens to make guns rather than a gun company that happens to make magazines, and be easy for people with less hand strength to rack the slide on (that's what the "charging handles" are there for).

If you don't need any of those things, then no problem. If you do, then check it out.

I'm sorry, but that's just not true of any gun. No gun is perfect. If it were, there would be no multi-million dollar aftermarket industry in firearms, and you never would have heard of Magpul or Trijicon. It is not making excuses to acknowledge that people have different preferences and that a firearm is a personal thing, which is worth customizing to many people. If the sights are that big a deal, then buy the model that comes with factory night sights, just like every other manufacturer offers.

All guns are over hyped when they are released. No one other than the ad people, and maybe a few "shooting celebrities" on the internet, all of whom get paid to do so, think otherwise. It's advertising, it's their job, and Madison Avenue was built on it.

What it may do, just may not a guarantee, better than other striker fired guns is fit people's hands better with a more adjustable grip to provide a more sure and comfortable hold on the gun and better trigger reach, provide a product with better quality control than competitors out of the box, be paired with better quality magazines than the others because HK is a magazine company that happens to make guns rather than a gun company that happens to make magazines, and be easy for people with less hand strength to rack the slide on (that's what the "charging handles" are there for).

If you don't need any of those things, then no problem. If you do, then check it out.
I have had it in my hands and I have shot it. It falls behind guns that are already on the market for a lower price both quality wise and performance wise. if you want to overlook that and justify it by saying you can rebuild it, that is up to you.

I have had it in my hands and I have shot it. It falls behind guns that are already on the market for a lower price both quality wise and performance wise. if you want to overlook that and justify it by saying you can rebuild it, that is up to you.

Well, you're totally changing what I said, but okay.
So, what did you find wanting about it, which guns are beating it, and why? Please be specific, like recoil impulse, recovery time, trigger reset, etc? I'd like to know your experience of the gun.

Last Edited:
I don't see what the big deal is, some like it some don't, for me it's better than my other four(m&p,xdm,glock,fn)striker fired pistols, for me I works, for some it dosent, everyone is different, it's all opinion, for every person that dosent like it I can find a person that does, if it was all about the trigger I figured everyone would just own a 1911 and no other gun would be available, let's just be glad that there is such a variety out there that a person can find that works for them

Well, you're totally changing what I said, but okay.
So, what did you find wanting about it, which guns are beating it, and why? Please be specific, like recoil impulse, recovery time, trigger reset, etc? I'd like to know your experience of the gun.
Like I said in the video. The gun is poorly fit, the plastic feels low quality, the slide is bulky and poorly cut, the trigger is nothing to brag about, the sights are laughable, the controls are thin and cheap feeling, the grip panels fit poorly, etc. About the only saving grace of the gun is that it has a great grip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top