JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I finally got my hands on mine yesterday. I have to say I really like how it feels. I'm by no means any gun expert, in fact its only my second handgun.

My first impression is, it's much smaller and lighter than I thought it would be (and it's a pretty bad bubblegum looking hg). I have pretty small hands and a weak grip due to arthritis but it felt good in my hand right out of the box without even changing the grip inserts (though, I will play around with them later.)

As for the trigger, I think its great for me. I have a really hard time squeezing the triggers of most handguns that I have tried. The M&P Shield and a few Glocks I just couldn't pull the trigger, but had no problem with the VP9.

Racking is hard for me, but heard most new guns have really tight springs. Also it could just be my technique also.

No range time yet, hoping to get out there soon though. I'll post back once I do.

HKVP9.jpg

Probably the best review that I have read for the HK VP9 and figured that I would share it with others that might be interested.
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/gun-reviews/hk-vp9-review/
Haha...I love at the end how they feel the need to defend their paid for review as not being a paid for review. (I just got paid by a magazine that gets paid by the manufacturer to review a gun they loaned to me for free to do a positive review on.) This review is as bogus as this guns initial PR. Don't get me wrong, it does not suck (the grip is awesome) but it not that spectacular and definitely not up to the regular H&K standards.

Last Edited:
I went to the LGS. Felt just as nice an any other HK. Different animal not a hammer gun. The Cost is close to Glock. My next purchase will be the Vp9. Maynot be better then any other striker fire gun but I have a few Glock ,Xds may as well get another

Hey NWF folks... we are now producing H&K VP-9 holsters. Unfortunately our "real" VP-9 is on order, and I would like feedback on the feel and retention we are getting out of our mold. If someone here is willing to give us feedback, we would send you a VP-9 holster in black with 1.5" belt loops. Shipping is on us.

Like this except in regular black Kydex:
hkvp9-3.jpg

hkvp9-1.jpg

Hey NWF folks... we are now producing H&K VP-9 holsters. Unfortunately our "real" VP-9 is on order, and I would like feedback on the feel and retention we are getting out of our mold. If someone here is willing to give us feedback, we would send you a VP-9 holster in black with 1.5" belt loops. Shipping is on us.

Like this except in regular black Kydex:
View attachment 106129

View attachment 106130
I would love to try it out!

I've been a Glock and HK fanboy for many years. I've had Glocks for over 20 years and HK's for over 15 years. For the HK side I have 3 USP'S. One full sized 40 and compacts in 40 with LEM trigger no safety or decock and a 45 in variant 1 decock and safety. Two weeks ago I was at a local gun show and picked up the VP9. This felt amazing in my hand. When I got home I compared this to my USP's. At first it seemed the qualities of the USP'S where better. I then took it to the range. Now, All I can say is this is my new favorite gun. For me it's the trigger and ergonomic grip design. I seem to be more accurate with it. It's a lot less chunky then any of my other HK'S, The ONLY thing I don't like about this gun is the cheesy sites. They lose their charge after a minute or two. I'm going to eventually change them out to regular night sites. They didn't have the LEO version (3 mags & night sites) available at the show. I was able to pick up 2 additional 15 round magazines for $39 each. Anyway as a striker fired pistol for the money it can't be beat. This is only my opinion for my needs. Not to say others may feel something else may be a better fit for them.

Last Edited:
Hi Quacky. They had it for $614 plus tax. However I traded my older Gen 3 Glock 22 towards it. They gave me $325 for the Glock. I laid out an additional $295 I only paid $315 for the Glock about 6 years ago used at a Police supply store so I got my money back on it. I did this because I recently bought a Gen 4 Glock 22 Dark Earth with Tru Glo night sites and completely stippled. So I was going to sell or trade the other Glock anyway.

That's a good day at the gun show there... $39 for factory H&K magazines is a steal. I like you am an H&k fanboy, but a little greener. I've gotten the wife excited and decided on her pistol the p-30, but if she likes the vp9 I can save a few hundred. Are you retiring the .40 or just getting a new toy?

I'm considering possibly selling my full size USP 40 to a friend of mine as he really likes it. I was also considering selling my 45 compact as I don't ever use it. I think I found my happy medium in the VP9 as its user friendly for my wife's smaller hands when using the smallest back and side inserts. That way since she hardly ever shoots I can let her use it for the range then swap back to the medium inserts when she's done.

Nice the Shield is a great little gun, my favorite for that size group. Selling your 45c? Mines my EDC I could never think of parting with that buddy. Congrats on having fun lovin' lead slingin' wife:D

I just picked up a VP9 but haven't taken it to the range yet. I was showing it to my brother in law, and my sister, who is not a fan of guns, picked it up and really liked it. Don't know what attracted her to it, but she said she wants to go to the range and try it out. Worth the cost of it right there if I can convert her into a
gun rights supporter.

That's the same situation with my wife. She's not a gun person at all. The funny thing is though. When I'm away with my buddies camping for the weekend she has always wanted a gun for the nightstand. My issue with that is she refuses to train at all besides occasionally going to the range with me. I recently got her an M&P Shield in 9mm. The gun store/range right near our house holds women only concealed carry classes and training classes. I keep telling her I will pay for her classes but she can't just expect to be proficient with a weapon if she doesn't learn how. I guess it just worries me because it's not just picking up a gun and shooting it at a piece of paper hanging
down range. all I can do is keep trying to convince her. It seems to me the only time she likes to go to the range with me is if other couples who are our friends are going otherwise it's like pulling teeth to get her to go with me. This is why I'm not too worried about her wanting to use my VP9 more than just at the range.
HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL! !!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads