JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
image.jpg Just got my vp9

Got mine 10 days ago. Everything I love about my P30L, but sits deeper in the web of my hand. Shot it 4 days a go and found groups similar to my P30L. However, does not touch my P226R German or West German P226s for accuracy.

I find it vastly superior to my G17 and G19 in terms of recoil sensation, accuracy, and looks. But I'll keep them like I keep duct tape; cheap enough to keep around, durable enough to sit for long periods of time without worrying about them, and can be relied upon in a pinch if my other pistols aren't assessable or become inoperative. BTW, I'm am most decidedly not a Glock guy. I want to be, but just can't.

Last Edited:
I know thy are saying if you see one buy it, I guess right now there is somewhat limited availability, I know sportsmans down here only got one

Last Edited:
good info here. I own a P30 and would expect this to shoot about as well. I am a bit glad to know it does not outs hoot a p226 as my MK25 is my favorite.:) (IE means I don't have to go and buy one right away. )

My P226R GER is deadly accurate to 50 yards with WIN Ranger 147 bonded HP. I have a MK25 as well, but have never shot it. The 3 best pistols I shoot are good 1911's, German SIGs (9 and 45), and 3rd gen Smith semi-autos (especially 45's). These are the pistols I grew up with, so that must be the decisive factor.

I want to shoot really like the current array of fine pistols, but hits are what count. Right?

I will likely keep my VP9, but it'll take some time to see if I ever decide to make it part of my EDC line up. My gut feeing right now is the P30L will see more carry than the VP9.

To sum it up, I recommend the VP9 for anyone who like how it's feel in hand (medium side panels and small back strap on mine). Shooting it feels more refined than a Glock (to me they feel like hitting 2 old pots together sounds), and no one can argue the HK pedigree. The price is good too.

Last Edited:
Well I need a working gun to take training with so since no VP9's are available, I dropped the order for it and will get a XDM 5.25 in 9mm. the deciding factor for me is the XDM comes with three mags and Springfield will give me three more. The Walther PPQ M2 was my second choice and it was allocated also. So third was a toss up between a Glock 17 and the XDM and as I said there is a sales promotion going on that makes the XDM seem better. Too bad I wanted a VP9, but then there is always next year.o_O

I finally took mine out the other day, it's a nice one, great trigger, on the part of it being less quality, well it definitely feels different than my p2000, but for the price point its at I will take it. I paid over $250 less for the vp9 than the p2000 so the cost difference has to come from somewhere, still looks better made than the glock 19 or 17 I had. I have shot a ppq and it is defiantly a great trigger but to me its just an ugly gun, not that it matters what it looks like for function, but if I have a choice between two things that are almost identical on function i will pick the better looking one every time, call me shallow. I will get back to you when I get a thousand rounds down the range before I make a sold judgment call though, got about 15,000 through my p2000 and its been great

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top