JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

I held one in the store next to the Tippmann Elite and it seemed plastiky. Probably not the best criteria for selection, I'd like to shoot one and see what it's like :cool:

yep! It's so nice to have a whole magazine cost like $1. Makes spending time at the range feel more fun and less like lighting money on fire (though it still is!) ;)

Lol! Yep, my long-lost brother. Heard he might have switched to monorail sales.

I like that! "A gathering of 22s" :s0090:

I've seen some on Gunbroker but they seem crazy expensive! Is it really that much nicer than the S&W Victory?
Never owned Victory but have or have had quite a few firearms and the accuracy is by far the best I have experienced in a handgun but they are pretty expensive- well worth it IMHO, but I really like accurate firearms.

I held one in the store next to the Tippmann Elite and it seemed plastiky. Probably not the best criteria for selection, I'd like to shoot one and see what it's like :cool:
Hey, it works for the wife and I! Only plastics we have are my Shield carry gun, and Wifey has an LC9, but usually carries her Sig 938.

RE : S&W 41s

Just consider them more like "investments". Then, add for the higher priced ammo. Yeah.....you're gonna feel better after that.

That reminds me, that I should take mine out for a spin a little more often.

S-W-M41-002.jpg

Aloha, Mark

RE : S&W 41s

Just consider them more like "investments". Then, add for the higher priced ammo. Yeah.....you're gonna feel better after that.

That reminds me, that I should take mine out for a spin a little more often.

View attachment 1165698

Aloha, Mark
ooooo very nice! which barrel do you prefer?

Start your paperwork so you can get a suppressor for that 22/45 it looks naked !
I've been considering one, but the long wait time is a downer. A compensator was more instant gratification. :D
mark_iv_lite_comp.jpg

Plus some off-speed ammo like CCI Quiet or semi-auto. Silencerco Sparrow here, sooooo much fun.
Agree. Putting $ towards suppressor plus subsonic ammo is well worth it IMO for .22. Especially cuz suppressors are cheap for .22 and the sound difference between a cheap one and expensive one is almost nothing (there is a difference in materials and ease of cleaning though usually).

Fe here is a test of my $107 (on sale) suppressor compared to a friend's expensive suppressor that is probably 3x bigger. There is only a noticeable difference on small barrel lengths. These were tested with mil-spec meter/protocols except that it was indoors. The main ones to compare are shown in Red.

18" bolt action/16" 15-22/mp5 with small suppressor:
Cci quiet .22 110db/114.4/115.8
Am eagle suppressor .22 119.9/120.1/123.4

18" bolt/15-22/mp5 with big suppressor:
Cci quiet .22 110/110/113.4
Am eagle suppressor .22 119.3/119.9/119.2

A couple other things for comparison:

Pre charged pneumatic air pistol with airgun specific suppressor 119

loud hand clap 118-119db

Last Edited:
My wife has owned a Ruger MK1 since 1979. It is probably the most accurate handgun we own. It is the handgun all our kids learned to shoot with. And is the most fun!
OP you need to add a long gun to go with it! DR

In 2020-2021 the Italians were disposing of a bunch of Beretta police service pistols to the U.S. milsurp market. Mostly Model 81s, 83s, and some older 92s.

In that influx of surplus pistols was a small batch of Beretta Model 76 training guns in .22LR. I ordered one up and paid a little extra for a better pick. What I received was a nearly perfect example that looked unfired!! When I did the initial take-down of the gun for cleaning, I couldn't get any amount of powder residue on the Q-tips. The only conclusion I can draw it that either the Italians really know how to clean a pistol, or that this one never got used for training.

Beretta 76.jpg

OP, your taste in 22's so far is on the right track. I love my 22/45's, all four of them now. Plus the 10/22's, all four of them, plus the revolvers and pumps and lever actions, oh, almost forgot about the single shots too. 😁

Welcome. Collecting can be hazardous to the pocketbook but great fun. Check out the S&W model 41 (if you can find one) if you want the finest accuracy (IMHO) in a .22 pistol.
The 41 is an amazing pistol however high standard put out some amazing pistols also. For me Ruger MK series would be third.

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

yep! It's so nice to have a whole magazine cost like $1. Makes spending time at the range feel more fun and less like lighting money on fire (though it still is!) ;)

Lol! Yep, my long-lost brother. Heard he might have switched to monorail sales.

I like that! "A gathering of 22s" :s0090:

I've seen some on Gunbroker but they seem crazy expensive! Is it really that much nicer than the S&W Victory?
oh yeah. After you shoot the 41 you may not bother with any others.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top