JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! Looks like I'm supposed to post an intro here. As the title says, I might have a 22lr problem*cough*collection.... 4 months ago I had no firearms, now I have 2 Ruger Mark IVs and a Tippmann M4-22. Not sure how I got here, but hey, plinking is fun! Looking to pick up a red dot for the Tippmann (already have one for the Lite), and perhaps a bolt-action rifle, or maybe a 10/22, or maybe a revolver...? So many possibilities!

Also open to joining in on outdoor shooting area cleanups if they're close by!

rugers_edit.jpg

Welcome!

I do not shoot as much as I used to shoot but I still like to shoot 2 CZ bolt action 22lr and 22wmr rifles depending on the weather and on my OLD bones!

Old Lady Cate

Excellent choice of firearms for a first time owner or somebody with many firearms... What matters most is shot accuracy, not caliber or speed, and a .22 is inexpensive to get a lot of practice with.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Hello! Looks like I'm supposed to post an intro here. As the title says, I might have a 22lr problem*cough*collection.... 4 months ago I had no firearms, now I have 2 Ruger Mark IVs and a Tippmann M4-22. Not sure how I got here, but hey, plinking is fun! Looking to pick up a red dot for the Tippmann (already have one for the Lite), and perhaps a bolt-action rifle, or maybe a 10/22, or maybe a revolver...? So many possibilities!

View attachment 1165293
Are you related to doctorb?

My pride and joy was a 1940-produced Colt Woodsman, still in the box with the instruction sheet. It felt just wonderful in my hand and pointed like a pointy thing. It had no preference in ammunition and on a good day was as accurate as a good match pistol, of which I had four, sharing them with Mrs tac.

I recall paying about £120 for it, but old it just before the slamdown for a tad over £900 to a dealer to send to Belgium.

3 22lrs ≠ a collection!

Maybe "a gathering" ;)

20 22lrs = a collection!

Its a good start though!

Welcome to the addiction of plinking!

Welcome to NWFA!

Don't forget to add a long .22 also....

1648481608844.png
Not mine. I was too lazy to get in the safe this morning.

View attachment 1165293
Welcome. Check great deals subforum in classifieds section for inexpensive but good red dot.

Welcome. Collecting can be hazardous to the pocketbook but great fun. Check out the S&W model 41 (if you can find one) if you want the finest accuracy (IMHO) in a .22 pistol.

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

You need to add a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 to your collection. ;)
I held one in the store next to the Tippmann Elite and it seemed plastiky. Probably not the best criteria for selection, I'd like to shoot one and see what it's like :cool:

Excellent choice of firearms for a first time owner or somebody with many firearms... What matters most is shot accuracy, not caliber or speed, and a .22 is inexpensive to get a lot of practice with.
yep! It's so nice to have a whole magazine cost like $1. Makes spending time at the range feel more fun and less like lighting money on fire (though it still is!) ;)

Are you related to doctorb?
Lol! Yep, my long-lost brother. Heard he might have switched to monorail sales.
3 22lrs ≠ a collection!

Maybe "a gathering" ;)

20 22lrs = a collection!

Its a good start though!

Welcome to the addiction of plinking!
I like that! "A gathering of 22s" :s0090:

Welcome. Collecting can be hazardous to the pocketbook but great fun. Check out the S&W model 41 (if you can find one) if you want the finest accuracy (IMHO) in a .22 pistol.
I've seen some on Gunbroker but they seem crazy expensive! Is it really that much nicer than the S&W Victory?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top