JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So,

My little story started about a five years ago. I bought my first pistol for $125, at a local gun show. Short story, I was mocked everywhere. I put about 5k rounds through it and moved on to more and more expensive guns, none of which I mastered quite as well as that stupid little gun. I ended up loaning it my brother for a year, over which he got bored with it. It ended up at my father-in-laws ranch, riding around in the back of his little deer hunting truck.

It, somehow, got run over while in my brother-in-laws possession. They were really really sorry. Apologized till they were blue in the face. Offered to buy me a new one, but I remembered their no holds barred one hundred percent warrantee.

I gave them a call, ready to explain my position and slightly expecting them to deny the claim. I no more got the words "my gun got ran over" out of my mouth before they said to send it in. All they wanted was at least "most of the gun" and they would be good to go.

As of yesterday, I got an email saying it was on the way. We shall see.

So, it is as good as they say......

SUCK IT, HATERS!!!!

Everyone should have one in their car.

p.s. I was not even the original buyer. I bought it used. Here is the pics from before I sent it. I will post new photos when I get it, probably next Saturday.

2011-11-16_10-14-52_517-crop.jpg

2011-11-16_10-14-43_296-crop.jpg

Now your going to hear the haters say, "That's the best looking Hi-point I have ever seen!".
What in the world did they run it over with? Looks like the serial number plate held up. I'm anxious to see what it will look like when you get it back. My guess it might have a different serial #.
Mike

Great story! I like Taurus. That makes me tolerant of a certain amount of abuse, but even so ... that really is an ugly gun. Well done.

I think it would be funny to see what colt would say if I called and told them my 1911 was run over and I wanted it fixed.... anybody got a ran over colt or s&w? I already had one run over gun, its someone elses turn.

I think that is awesome. Please post a picture of what gets sent back to you.

When I was working in a gun shop I sold a heap of Hi-Points, never once did I have a customer return to tell me they didn't get what they expected out of their purchase of the Hi-Point. I never had to send one back for service either. Can't say that about SIG or Taurus or many other makers guns. While I do not actually own a Hi-Point, I do think they are great especially for the price you pay. The 2nd amendment is for everyone, not just people that have enough money to buy a Glock. :s0155:

I really didnt think a high point could get any uglier than they are new.....WRONG! Dang that was a mess! Gotta put up pics when you get it back. Isnt it funny that its always the cheaper gun makers that usually stand behind thier product the best?

I think that is awesome. Please post a picture of what gets sent back to you.

When I was working in a gun shop I sold a heap of Hi-Points, never once did I have a customer return to tell me they didn't get what they expected out of their purchase of the Hi-Point. I never had to send one back for service either. Can't say that about SIG or Taurus or many other makers guns. While I do not actually own a Hi-Point, I do think they are great especially for the price you pay. The 2nd amendment is for everyone, not just people that have enough money to buy a Glock. :s0155:

Likely because most if not all of them are not shooters and just wanted to stick it in the nightstand unfired and untested for "home defense"

I bought my 9mm carbine off a Craigslist ad for $75.00. The stock was cracked where the receiver is pinned to the stock. The action was so gummed up, it wouldn't move. The trigger didn't work, but it came with two mags and that sealed the deal.
I bought it knowing Hi-Point had changed their warranty policy towards non original owners.
After stripping / cleaning everything down, I called Hi-Point and they asked what I needed to get it back up and running. When I was done placing the order with them, I was asked if I wanted to ask any questions with the shop foreman regarding the installation procedures of my new parts. He explained a couple of procedures that would help with the re-assembly. Shipped me everything but the sear and receiver / barrel for free.
Very simple design, easy to work on, accurate and a real fun plinker. Best of all, my wife, who could care less about my hobby, loves this carbine. It's her go to gun now.

Hey Blitz,
Name a "high end" company that would have the customer service that High Point is showing on this.

And as many Hi-Point haters as there seem to be, I find it funny that I don't hear of anybody sorry about their Hi-Point purchase. Are they ugly as he11? - YES! Are the finishes not up to Kimber standards? - NO! But they are cheap and fun to shoot.

Me- just another 995ts fan

And some fun viewing of some Hi-Point haters seeing what it takes to kill a Hi-Point (hint - it takes several videos and these guys are insane):

Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test - YouTube

I'll take that challenge, Coupeowner. Several years ago I had a Glock 21 kaboom in my hand due to my negligence in reloading. It was totally MY fault ( I believe I double-charged a .45 ACP case with 231) Once my ears stopped ringing, and my hands stopped hurting, I contacted Glock in Smyrna, GA, and told them what happened. They had me return the pistol with the rest of my handloads from that batch so they could inspect the damage. Approx. 2 weeks after I sent it in, I got a call from Glock.....it was a call from their person in charge of warranty work......They sent me a new pistol plus 4 hi-cap magazines as a replacement.
Now, I screwed up...I was the one who blew up that pistol. They sent me a new replacement at no cost. If that isn't going above and beyond the call, I don't know what is.

I'm glad you like your Hi-point. I've owned a few, and have decided that even though they seemed to go bang when I wanted them to, I'm not going to take a chance on a pot metal pistol, period. YMMV

Hey Blitz,
Name a "high end" company that would have the customer service that High Point is showing on this.

And as many Hi-Point haters as there seem to be, I find it funny that I don't hear of anybody sorry about their Hi-Point purchase. Are they ugly as he11? - YES! Are the finishes not up to Kimber standards? - NO! But they are cheap and fun to shoot.

Me- just another 995ts fan

And some fun viewing of some Hi-Point haters seeing what it takes to kill a Hi-Point (hint - it takes several videos and these guys are insane):

Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test - YouTube

The only service that would impress me is if they sent you a name brand quality gun that won't quickly wear out or eventually blow up on you

When my son was looking for a pistol he could afford he went through the whole list of manufactures. All of which where out of his price range.
He saw the Youtube nut cases trying to kill the Hi-point. Made up his mind. Affordable and not likely to blow up. As to the wear out? 10,000 rounds and counting. 4 inch group at 150 feet. I think I had better start praticing again.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top