JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would you Babies STOP CALLING HI-POINT'S "POS'S"!!!

They fill a role, and do it quite nicely. My Hi-Point 9mm Carbine is just as lethal as your "Special whoop-dee-doo" expensive gun.

Hi-Point's may not be of the best quality, BUT THEY ARE NOT A BAD GUN.

no one is talking about your mom. no one is disrespecting anyone on here by offering their opinion on a public forum. and no, i think i'll reserve my right to call what ever i deem a pos a pos. especially such an obvious pos. do you really think that we're the one's that are babies when you're the one telling grown men to stop saying what we want on the internet? haven't you heard of freedom of speech? for crying out loud... i was trying really hard to be nice about this and stay semi nuetral, but it seems to me that the side that doesn't like lo-points are the ones offering insightful reasons as to why this gun sucks. we've pointed out its inherit design flaw through materials used, physical design, its lo integrity, its sup par ergonomics and massive for the 9mm recoil due to its heavy ( and structurally weak) slide mounted high on the very light poly frame. all i hear from the other side is "ugh, ugh, always go BANG! ugh ugh!" and " ugh ugh, free gun for broken gun, ugh ugh!" well if the gun costs 2 friggin bits to manufacture then they could really afford to, cant they? im sure its in their projection for profit. they factor in the cost of a warranty GUN for every customer! not warranty a part, but a gun! the whole gun needs to be warrantied. you know they dont use micrometers at the lo-point machine shop, they just eye ball it. they had a problem in QA when all the inspectors were sending the products back due to out of spec parts... they solved the problem the following week when they fired all the inspectors. when the 1911 goes out looking for chicks he always brings his lo-point buddy... =)

be cool everybuddy! we win!

Go pound Sand ya trolls.

I'll shoot my Hi-Point Carbine all I want, so stuff it.

19764-mad.jpg

Oh yeah. All you so-called "Experts" can just stuff it. Let me shoot what I want, and don't flip me or anyone else Krap about it. I don't ridicule any of you over what you shoot. I am happy with what I have and I make it work.

We are united by the sport we participate in, let's not let petty, Immature "I have a better gun than you do" arguments divide us. Shoot what you want, But don't ridicule me.

Oh yeah. All you so-called "Experts" can just stuff it. Let me shoot what I want, and don't flip me or anyone else Krap about it. I don't ridicule any of you over what you shoot. I am happy with what I have and I make it work.

We are united by the sport we participate in, let's not let petty, Immature "I have a better gun than you do" arguments divide us. Shoot what you want, But don't ridicule me.

1310566609761.jpg

Enjoy your mediocre (at absolute best) gun.

boy, this sure has been fun!!! everybody has to hate something I guess. everybody has to defend their decisions. there are a lot of pretty good inexpensive guns out there, you just have to look. a ton of them I would pick before the hi point.

This thread reminds me of why I drive a 1980 Chev trade van. The odometer just turned over half a million miles. I've stuffed in three motors, tranny's and rear ends to keep it going and my overhead down. Many a customer has asked me why I don't buy a new and fancy rig to replace it. I always come back with the same answer.
"Would you pay me more if I drove up in a new work van?" They always rely with the same answer, "no."
My neighbor, on the other hand, always had to have the newest, most expensive truck, quads, rv trailer, tv, vacations, etc. Never saved a dime, all on credit, because he would always have work and could make minimum payments. Along comes 2008. The bank took it all, he now rents from his mother in law.
My point in this story is that not every one can, or, is willing to spend a lot of cash for a high dollar firearm, just because it's the latest or greatest, when a low cost one works just fine in most circumstances.
My Hi-Point will never increase in value like my Python, but I like the fact that I have very little invested in it, always have a blast shooting it, and if anything goes wrong, one phone call later, new parts show up at my door for free. What's not to like.

Well i hate hi-point pistols and im not amazed, If a person can only afford a cheap gun, then i guess any gun is better than no gun, but there a plenty of cheap guns that are better than hi-points...not great but better!

At a guess i would think hi-points fill a niche in the market ...cheap guns for straw perchase by the girlfriends of gangmembers.

Im sure if someone is one a budget and needs a gun, then as i say any gun is better than no gun, but hi-points are in no way quality weapons.

... there a plenty of cheap guns that are better than hi-points...not great but better!
Out of curiosity, what cheap guns are considered acceptable? Seriously, I like researching guns, and I can't think of anything in this price range other than a Jennings / Bryco / Jimenez or whatever they're called today. What other cheap options are there?

Out of curiosity, what cheap guns are considered acceptable? Seriously, I like researching guns, and I can't think of anything in this price range other than a Jennings / Bryco / Jimenez or whatever they're called today. What other cheap options are there?

From my point of view, Rossi, Taurus, Rock Island, Citadel, and the used market. So basically the Brazillian and Phillipine imports.

Last Edited:
yeah i would say if you want a budget/cheap gun, Taurus are affordable, new and relativly well made, or for around the same price as a hi-point there are good quality surplus guns like the Makarov and cz82/83 or a argentina made browning hi-power, granted they may not come with 'lifetime warrenties' but i seriously doubt you would ever need too replace one

So I can't call what I perceive as a POS because you said so? NO ONE ridiculed you but offer their experience with the gun. You decided to take it personal and go off on a rant all by yourself.

Ridicule me all you want for what I shoot for all I care.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top