JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@CHLChris

I have not yet tried to pocket carry the P365, so to answer your question, NO. I'm no help in that regard.
My P365 rides IWB-4 o'clock in a N82 Tactical holster very comfortably.

I just happen to have the P365, (not compared P938), and Colt Mustang PL.
I'll do my best to compare them.
With stock magazines.
FWIW ;)

Length
P365 is 5-13/16" (1/4" longer than the CM)
CM is 5-1/2"

Slide Width
P365 is is 11/16"
CM is 3/4" wide

Standing on the slide- Flat surface- Measured -up- to bottom of mag.
P365 is 4-1/4"
CM is 4"

Grip Width
P365 is 7/8"
CM is 1-1/16" -stock grips-

Last Edited:
If a CM9 doesn't fit your pocket the sig sure wont.:confused:
You didn't quite get the use case. In dress clothes, where the PM9 didn't work for pocket carry, I switched to the smaller P380 for pocket carry.

For bigger pockets in my casual shorts all summer, the P380 is too big and moves around. I'd like a bigger 9mm for those times. The PM9 would be perfect, but I'm hoping the Sig P365 might very well be just small enough to fit the bill.

Cuz if it is just a wee bit too big I would just go with a P365XL for the belt and a CM9 for the pocket.

Btw, I use Uncle Mike's pocket holsters just for when my carry guns are in my rack in the safe. They are pretty thick. With a kydex pocket holster, maybe the gun will work even better in a pocket...

My first pocket carry was a G42 and I ended up selling the Glock. Then I got a Kahr cw380 and that was a nice fit. I'm utilizing cargo/BDU pants btw.
Then my gf at the time wanted something smaller to carry (she only had a G19) so I just gave her my Kahr (we used a FFL fyi). Since I didn't have my Kahr anymore, I used my security privileges lol and bought a G43 with the blue label pricing. The G43 was pretty big and bulky for pocket carry.

Now I have a Ruger LCP. The Kahr or LCP is the perfect size. Any smaller and it just won't fit right in my hand. I mean it's snappy as it is, I wouldn't want it any smaller.

I would ankle carry but where I carry (a gun free zone lol) the little .380 pistols works better in my pocket and I don't have to worry about people seeing my ankle carry when I sit down.

Hmmm...maybe it comes down to size of pockets. I wear size 34 pants and shorts. What about you, @Reacher120? And you, @Sporting Systems?
Built like Hank Hill (no a$$). Gives me a little more room.
40" usually, but wearing waist band/support so went to 42".
Used a RM 380 (is a better fit) for a long time, but wanted 9mm HP. 10 round capacity was the deal breaker.
Not a quick draw, but with situational awareness it's there in time when/if you ever need it.
IWB P320 compact is also great, but got used to the pocket carry habit.
If I restock my Hawaiian shirt supply, may use more IWB/OWB options for summer.
I am happy with my P365.

Well, guess what I bought? I finally made a decision that having a 9mm pocket pistol was more important to me than having another belt gun. So I went to Davidson's Gallery of Guns and looked for a special edition...and found one:

CM9093TU3.jpg
Kahr CM9 with tungsten Cerakote and a Pachmayer grip. It was the last one the warehouse had and I'm excited to get the email that it has arrived. Next is to buy some mags and Magguts and holsters!

Let us know how it works for you, I'm itching to get a LCP 2 but this could fit the bill also.
An LCP2 is in a completely different size league. It is significantly and noticeably smaller as a pocket gun than the CM9. My opinion on this has come about from owning a PM9 (sold it, unfortunately), a CM9 (sold it, unfortunately), an LCP (sold it for a P380), and a Kahr P380 (still own it and always will). If you need a tiny pocket gun and can't own both a teeny 9 and a teeny 380, get the LCP2.

I have both an LCP2 and a P365, they're both small but they're very different guns. I bought the LCP2 a couple years ago for pocket carry during the summer when everything else was too big. It fits that role perfectly and I'm really happy with it. I bought the P365 from @OregonArmsAmmo a few months back and I'm still putting the required 'trust rounds' through it, but so far it's been incredible. I still can't believe it holds 12 rounds in such a small package. I just bought a Vedder Light Tuck holster for it but haven't tried it yet.

LCP 2 it is then, man I hate wearing suits everyday...:(

They're great little guns, trigger is actually decent and you could conceal one in a bathing suit. I have a Kel-Tec P3AT from years ago, basically the same gun, but it absolutely sucks in comparison.

You'll love it.

I've heard nothing but good things about them and the thing looks to be very good quality. I've never had a light on a carry gun before and I ordered this one to accommodate a Streamlight TLR-6. Hopefully I don't regret that.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top