JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm having a tough time finding folks who pocket carry a P365. Does it work for you?

For normal pocket carry uses, with dress-up type clothes, I've found that I need to carry a Kahr P380 (a Ruger LCP would fit the bill, too) to be small enough for comfort. I even sold off a Kahr PM9 and CM9 because they were just too big in the pocket. For dress-up times, I'll stay with my teeny P380.

But in the summer I wear a bunch of shorts with bigger pockets and the P380 just floats around. I want something bigger, but my Shield is still too big. Would the P365 work for me? How big is it, really?

Note: I've watched almost every YouTube video on the gun and want one really bad, but I'd love to know what you think if you pocket carry yours...or if you have tried, at least.

FWIW they are about the same size as a G43. And my 43 is too large to pocket carry, just my experience of course.

usually the 12 mag is just a tad too longish for really comfortable pocket carry; it fits in place well in my pockets yet is a little too snug for deployment;

the 10 is just right for retrieval yet a little too small, prints more & floats around somewhat awkwardly;

using a pocket sheath DeSantis Gunhide, which has plenty of pros yet I don't really like it for most of my pants either......
haven't found reallyReallyREALLY great answer yet.:cool:

maybe it's just too different from the old Colt Mustang package, a more perfect pocket fit for my pockets

For a different visual size reference. Fairly standard size hands. I can fit it in a pocket pretty easily, though I can't say I could draw it with any speed. Maybe if I were wearing basketball shorts with the drawstring really, really tight?

KIMG0459.JPG

I've pocket carried an XDs .45 3.3", in a leather wallet pocket holster, in my faithful Kirkland jeans, but those are sizable front pockets... it was doable, but not really practical... That's one reason I picked up a Springfield 911 in .380, easily pocket carried, similar in size to the Colt Mustang...

380's, at least some of them, can pocket carry all day long!

But it is so hard to find a 9mm pocket gun! The tiny Kahr is about as close as possible, but 7-8 rounds is only just okay

I pocket carry my p365 comfortably. It doesn't work in every pair of shorts I own but for quite a few. The draw took some getting use to but is fairly comfortable now. Use a SCKholsters pocket holster.

If you're not in a hurry (smooth is fast) then you can make it work, at least that's my take on it. Good luck, several folks really like them.

I'm having a tough time finding folks who pocket carry a P365. Does it work for you?

For normal pocket carry uses, with dress-up type clothes, I've found that I need to carry a Kahr P380 (a Ruger LCP would fit the bill, too) to be small enough for comfort. I even sold off a Kahr PM9 and CM9 because they were just too big in the pocket. For dress-up times, I'll stay with my teeny P380.

But in the summer I wear a bunch of shorts with bigger pockets and the P380 just floats around. I want something bigger, but my Shield is still too big. Would the P365 work for me? How big is it, really?

Note: I've watched almost every YouTube video on the gun and want one really bad, but I'd love to know what you think if you pocket carry yours...or if you have tried, at least.
I do. Use a sticky holster and it just works for me. YMMV, but for me, with the 10 round mag in it fits in comfortably in most anything I wear. Be aware, I am a short, large frame dude who lives in cargo pants, cargo shorts and scrubs. No skinny jeans need apply.

P238 is definitely smaller than the P365, not the P938 though. I used to carry the P238 in my jean pocket. Does not print at all. For me, the P365 is for appendix carry. I could still put it in my jean pocket but it's a little too big for me to draw it as fast as I could with the P238.

Last Edited:
P238 is definitely smaller than the P365, not the P938 though. I used to carry the P238 in my jean pocket. Does not print at all. For me, the P365 is for appendix carry. I could still put it in my jean pocket but it's a little too big for me to draw it as fast as I could with the P238.
Part of it may be the jean pocket. I generally wear cargo pants. The material and shape of pockets play in here. Cargo pants as a generalization have bigger pockets and fit looser.

Yes, but only because when I first got it I was lazy and loved the fact that it fit in my pocket. It doesn't work so well in my ultra light shorts, but fits great in the pocket of my safe. (And my cargo pants)

And it bulges a bit on the smart carry holster but isn't that noticable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top