JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm at that age where the world is starting to pass me by, I'm not up with the latest stuff younger family members talk about. It becomes more and more apparent at holiday gatherings. You know, the old guy who sits silently in a chair while the conversation swirls around him For one thing, nobody else in the family shares my interests. Here on NWFA, I may find at least a few people to discuss things with as a group. I may be ignored by many, but I'm blissfully unaware of it.
I wish you were my Grandpa! I never had a grandpa that I remember. They were both gone before I was old enough to remember anything about them.

I wish you were my Grandpa! I never had a grandpa that I remember. They were both gone before I was old enough to remember anything about them.
I've tried to be a good one to my grandson Anthony, who is soon to be 11. I've introduced him to shooting which he enjoys. Because all of our acquaintance is since I retired, I've been able to spend more time with him than I did with any of my own kids when I was working.

I have another grandson coming along in January, this one will bear my surname. But now my time is getting on the short side, I don't know if I will have all that much time to be an influence in his life.

I know what you mean by way of my own grandpa experiences. My dad's father died when I was one and a half, I have no memories of him. I think he would've been a good one to know. My other grandpa on my mom's side, he lived into my adulthood. He wasn't into much conversation. I don't ever remember hearing him laugh. He'd had a particularly bad time in the Depression and I think he didn't have a lot of emotion to give up. I regret that I didn't make a pro-active effort to draw him out. One of his brothers, a great uncle, was just the opposite. I didn't get to be with him often, but he was always enthusiastic and made an effort to befriend me.

I've tried to be a good one to my grandson Anthony, who is soon to be 11. I've introduced him to shooting which he enjoys. Because all of our acquaintance is since I retired, I've been able to spend more time with him than I did with any of my own kids when I was working.

I have another grandson coming along in January, this one will bear my surname. But now my time is getting on the short side, I don't know if I will have all that much time to be an influence in his life.

I know what you mean by way of my own grandpa experiences. My dad's father died when I was one and a half, I have no memories of him. I think he would've been a good one to know. My other grandpa on my mom's side, he lived into my adulthood. He wasn't into much conversation. I don't ever remember hearing him laugh. He'd had a particularly bad time in the Depression and I think he didn't have a lot of emotion to give up. I regret that I didn't make a pro-active effort to draw him out. One of his brothers, a great uncle, was just the opposite. I didn't get to be with him often, but he was always enthusiastic and made an effort to befriend me.
I can only presume you're older than me by, a little. It's easy to see now that I am much wiser than I was 30 years ago. Both mother and father were in their formative years during the Depression. Raised dirt poor. In families that didn't have a pot to pee in, raised their own food, got one pair of shoes a year and didn't have close loving relationships. Pretty much barely survived and worked so hard that that's all they knew. I grew up being raised by grandma, mom's mother, because mom and dad both worked. Grandma lived next door. I never knew what it was like to come home to my parents.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top