JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One person is now dead. The shooters were buzzed into the school, allegedly one a minor the other an adult. I have been on twitter trying to reason with the crowd over there. Many are screaming for gun bans, stating that nothing was done after Sandy Hook. Actually Colorado passed 4 gun laws after Sandy Hook but the twitter crowd can only blame the gun.

I am a parent that has children in Colorado public schools. My oldest was in elementary school the day that Columbine took place. I have spent many days like today, praying it will never be my child's school. Every time an incident like this happens I question why our children are left open and unsecured like fish in a barrel? Why do we have security at airports but not at schools? Why do we have metal detectors at the post office but not at schools? Why do I have to pass through security get into court or the county building? I have heard the argument that it would be inconvenient but would it really? People tend to adapt and adjust when they know their stuff will be scanned.

I would love to have an intelligent rational suggestion as to how to secure our schools.

I know well how you feel Motomom, My Boys freaked out when Columbine happened, and later Sandy Hook! No parent should have to explain the WHY to their kids! No parent should feel the helplessness of sending their kids to an unprotected school!

Anyone find the timing rather...odd? I mean..it IS nearing the end of legislative sessions in Oregon; and Colorado's Legislature just adjourned last Friday; so they're gonna use this event to push more gun control in for 2020? :eek:
Oregon's is set to end June 30th this year (2019, 160 DAYS LONG for odd years...):s0156::s0156::s0156:

Its politicians, illicit drugs, bad pharma, Phucked up health care, ect!:mad:
It dosnt end until WE THE PEOPLE rise up and stop it! Voting isnt working, know what the next step it?:(:oops::eek:
Come on man you know what the next step is.
You just can't say it.
You racist homophobic natzi white privilege .
Anti gay .
Musilim hateing .
Anti imagrant .
Crazy Trump supporters.

LOL

Love it or leave MVIMG_20190507_125309.jpg

Time to blame everyone for the actions of criminals. Which means nobody can drive anymore because of those DUIs. I'm afraid because of all those shop lifters we are now all banned from all the stores. Everyone now has a restraining order on them due to a few creeps who got dangerous with their girlfriends. Oh yeah and no guns, oh and time for us all to line up at the local jail.

Or we can just not hold us responsible for the crimes of others.

I like that one best.

This picture I just took today on my way home from Bellingham.
And I have been told that it is one of the biggest flags in Washington .
It's huge. This is a little off topic.but there was people or a group of people trying to get them to take it down last year.
WTF.
MVIMG_20190507_125255.jpg MVIMG_20190507_125308.jpg

Deputies are waiting outside, as usually?
Any SWAT training nearby?
Hmmmmm .
Probably nobody ready.
I don't know why we have plenty of military guys that would be happy to have a job and carry a gun.
And know how to use it .
GEE MY TEACHER IS A NAVY SEAL
AND HAS A GUN .I DON'T THINK I WILL BE COMING TO SCHOOL WITH A GUN.
MMMMMMM..
that just might work.
Maybe just maybe . JUST SAYING. 170323-F-BH566-148.jpg 170324-F-BH566-184.jpg MARSOC.jpg

Impossible when the other side only uses these events to push their agenda instead of finding common ground.
No, today I kept asking the same questions to a Moms Against guns group and one lady actually started to listen, questioning why postal workers have more protection then children. One thing I know is that people will listen to anything if they think it will keep their children alive. Parents just want their children safe and they will be willing to try sensible solutions.

Seen that, one of the smartest things they could possibly have done. Unfortunately, we live on the leftist coast, so no hope of our school children ever being protected. Now, the Portland street urchins, yup, they'll be protected, even provided clean needle and narcan to protect them... But our kids... Not so much...

Life sucks .
If you're a anti-gunner
Waiting for someone else to save you.
Then sueing them for useing deadly force

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be of the mind that I did not like the idea of armed teachers...
Then after some serious soul searching , and a whole lot of thinking of my skills and experience...
I then came around to the acceptance that :
I love my students...
I do indeed have the skills and experience , along with the willingness to do what is needed...
So why not have armed school staff if they are willing to be armed...?

The above is only my thoughts , based on my experiences , I can not , nor will not claim to speak for all teachers or combat veterans....Just me as both...
Andy

"Here we go again."

Is it too much to ask that someone creates a threat title that actually relates to the thread? Isn't that at least a courtesy, if not a rule here?

It's not JUST this thread, but in the aggregate it gets annoying when threads are not labeled.

I used to be of the mind that I did not like the idea of armed teachers...
Then after some serious soul searching , and a whole lot of thinking of my skills and experience...
I then came around to the acceptance that :
I love my students...
I do indeed have the skills and experience , along with the willingness to do what is needed...
So why not have armed school staff if they are willing to be armed...?

The above is only my thoughts , based on my experiences , I can not , nor will not claim for all teachers or combat veterans....
Andy
Makes perfect sense to me.

This picture I just took today on my way home from Bellingham.
And I have been told that it is one of the biggest flags in Washington.
It's huge. This is a little off topic. but there was people or a group of people trying to get them to take it down last year.
WTF.

Anyone that tries to get an American flag removed anywhere should be removed from this country.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top