JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking of setting up a Savage bolt action for 22 sporter class shooting. The requirements say no scope over 6x so that rules out all the 2x7's and 3x9's ect. Of course I'd like all the magnification allowed so I am looking for a fixed 6x with the parallax set for 65 yards. A 40mm objective lens would be good for light gathering and the occasional squirrel hunt. So far the closest I've found is an old M-8 6x Leupold but when I called Leupold to ask about setting the paralllax to 65 yds they said that was a service they no longer provide.

An AO scope would work as long as it was no more than 6x , a fixed parallax is just easyer and generally cheaper with less moving parts to get out of adjustment.

I'm thinking of setting up a Savage bolt action for 22 sporter class shooting. The requirements say no scope over 6x so that rules out all the 2x7's and 3x9's ect. Of course I'd like all the magnification allowed so I am looking for a fixed 6x with the parallax set for 65 yards. A 40mm objective lens would be good for light gathering and the occasional squirrel hunt. So far the closest I've found is an old M-8 6x Leupold but when I called Leupold to ask about setting the paralllax to 65 yds they said that was a service they no longer provide.
It could be that you know quit a bit about scopes and I'm ignorant.

But did you ask Leupold how there current scope would work for your application?

Maybe it doesn't need the 65 yard parallax adjustment? Maybe it will be clear. focused, and hold zero at that distance. As well as closer and further distances?

Why create a standard that is not necessary to your goals?

Just a thought.

These are amazing little scores for the price.

It could be that you know quit a bit about scopes and I'm ignorant.

But did you ask Leupold how there current scope would work for your application?

Maybe it doesn't need the 65 yard parallax adjustment? Maybe it will be clear. focused, and hold zero at that distance. As well as closer and further distances?

Why create a standard that is not necessary to your goals?

Just a thought.
Here's a simple explanation:

These are amazing little scores for the price.

I have looked at that scope and read the reviews, seems kind of hit or miss on quality and the one common complaint is the small field of view at distance. Not really an issue for target shooting but can make getten' them on the run when Squirrel hunten' more difficult.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top