JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a light weight budget scope. About the only thing I can find is a vortex crossfire 2 or diamondback 2-7x32. The issue is they come in at 14oz, so at that point I should just get vortex 3-9x40.

Any recommendations? Open to other brands, vortex is just what I have found so far to be in my price range.

Budget? What's the $$$ amount?

Lightweight, about the best in that category is Leupold.

Looking for a light weight budget scope. About the only thing I can find is a vortex crossfire 2 or diamondback 2-7x32. The issue is they come in at 14oz, so at that point I should just get vortex 3-9x40.

Any recommendations? Open to other brands, vortex is just what I have found so far to be in my price range.
Leapers/utg bug buster 3-9x. Have had mine for 14 years and has seen a ton of use on numerous guns. Never lost zero. Very bright and clear glass. Mil dot reticle. about $79-$129ish depending on where you buy. 14oz
08B89BC3-E366-4CD9-972F-CE7CF32D7464.jpeg

Jump on an old M8 6x Leupold and don't look back. I like the 2-7x as an option, but it's a fixed for any of my serious hunting rifles. Sight 2.5 over at 100, should be good to 300 on the tip of the heavy reticle.

thanks for all the responses. I wanted to do the Burris but didn't like how the optic yard marks lined up in correlation to what I want to shoot, .308 180 gr. The older luepold's are hard to track down and the weight penalty is not hardly anything to get more magnification and bigger objective.

I'm a cheap bastard but ended up going with Leupold 3-9x40.

I'm a cheap bastard but ended up going with Leupold 3-9x40.

Anouther one people forget about . ( Sightron ) has really stepped-up there game last several years, their high-end line kicksass .
. but for less-$ they do have a S-Tac series / 2FP scopes that are decent . That series comes-in from 200-$ to under 600-$ usd .

I have not looked at them for several years . I just took a new look at the Sightron line a few weeks back and was surprised to see some good offerings .
They got a couple S-Tac scopes / 3-16 x42 / FFP / Zero Stop/ Illum.Ret. / MOA or Mil ranging Ret./ and about 13" in scope length . So I grabbed one of the FFP S-tac to check out .

If you are near a BiMart, they currently have the Burris 4.5-14x Fullfield E1 on sale for $149.99. It has their basic ballistic plex reticle, not the busy Christmas tree version. Not the smallest, lightest, but very good for the money. Made in the Phillipines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top