JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just bought a new backpack which has MOLLE attachments points on the side. (not sure if that's the correct verbiage but its the best description I could come up with). The help I need is with attaching a pouch to the side that faces up. The MOLLE is facing horizontal but I need the pouch to be vertical facing.

I've done a bit of searching and haven't found any pouches that attach horizontally but face vertically. Are there any adapters or something that can make this possible. I have included a picture of the side of my pack for reference. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SideView.jpg

Buy a pouch that fits your needs and take it to a shoemaker and have the attachments moved to where you want them. The shoemaker in Tualatin does things like this for us from time to time. It is inexpensive and allows you more flexibility to get what you want.

However you want it. They should be able to mount it permanently if that is what you want or retain it's portability if you prefer. Take your pack to them and tell them what you want to do.

MOLLE is an acronym for Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment, it describes the whole constellation of actual equipment, the standard for the webbing is called PALS for Pouch Attachment Ladder System. So the correct term is PALS, but in most cases, if you say MOLLE, people know what you're talking about.

Generally, the spec is 1" webbing with 1" spacing between the webs.

As far as what you've got on the side there is probably not to spec, you could try a 90deg adapter, a number of companies make them, tac tailor makes awesome stuff, but is a bit spendy, 5-11 is cheaper.

From the looks of it, you could probably get a seam ripper and lift up the tape and then sew it on properly. If you're not handy with a sewing machine, ask Scott over at SKTindustries (he's local to seattle, and usually works the WAC shows) if he would be willing to make the alterations for you.

If it is a cheap pack, you may want to just get a non-PALS pouch and sew it on to the side, or tie it on...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top