JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered some 124gr bullets, but received 147s.

The hassle of return/exchange makes me want to just load these up and use them.

I have CFE Pistol, Clay's (just plain 'Clay's') and HP-38.

I loaded some up with 2.7gr of Clay's, which is close to max according to my manual, and they shot OK in my P365 but (weirdly I thought) can't cycle my TP9SF - 4.5" barrel.

Can any of recommend a recipe with either of the other powders? I'm really trying to increase my speed at 15-yards, so I don't really need a lot of accuracy beyond that.

Thanks!
f

But a can. 147s are great for sub loads.

Otherwise I usually use tire group and 147s with good results.

Once you find the load that's the most accurate in your guns, you'll be pleasantly surprised that it provides more of a push back than a snap up when shooting. Makes follow up shots much easier and it's great for speed steel. Great for shooting suppressed.

CFE Pistol and 147 grain 9mm is a favorite target load for plated bullets for me, using Berry's or X-treme bullets.

4.2 grains powder
1.150 OAL

I agree that this has a light recoil that is more of a push.

I use CBI pulldown power for my 147 grain pills, up to a completely filled case charge of 5.0 grains.

Only issue is making sure they pass plunk test and checking OAL.

Modern Reloading 2nd edition by Richard Lee. I find my self reaching for it more and more often. It contains over 38,000 loads from virtually all major bullet and powder manufacturers. As well, there is a lifetime of reloading experience and problem solving in it. About $25 and certainly worth it.

I use WSF with heavy plated 147s. CFE Pistol, which is rated a little slower should work well although Hodgdon's data shows about 0.1 gr less. I think that 4.2 - 4.3 gr would work well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top