JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered some 124gr bullets, but received 147s.

The hassle of return/exchange makes me want to just load these up and use them.

I have CFE Pistol, Clay's (just plain 'Clay's') and HP-38.

I loaded some up with 2.7gr of Clay's, which is close to max according to my manual, and they shot OK in my P365 but (weirdly I thought) can't cycle my TP9SF - 4.5" barrel.

Can any of recommend a recipe with either of the other powders? I'm really trying to increase my speed at 15-yards, so I don't really need a lot of accuracy beyond that.

Thanks!
f

But a can. 147s are great for sub loads.

Otherwise I usually use tire group and 147s with good results.

Once you find the load that's the most accurate in your guns, you'll be pleasantly surprised that it provides more of a push back than a snap up when shooting. Makes follow up shots much easier and it's great for speed steel. Great for shooting suppressed.

CFE Pistol and 147 grain 9mm is a favorite target load for plated bullets for me, using Berry's or X-treme bullets.

4.2 grains powder
1.150 OAL

I agree that this has a light recoil that is more of a push.

I use CBI pulldown power for my 147 grain pills, up to a completely filled case charge of 5.0 grains.

Only issue is making sure they pass plunk test and checking OAL.

Modern Reloading 2nd edition by Richard Lee. I find my self reaching for it more and more often. It contains over 38,000 loads from virtually all major bullet and powder manufacturers. As well, there is a lifetime of reloading experience and problem solving in it. About $25 and certainly worth it.

I use WSF with heavy plated 147s. CFE Pistol, which is rated a little slower should work well although Hodgdon's data shows about 0.1 gr less. I think that 4.2 - 4.3 gr would work well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top