Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help to find honest used gun dealer

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Tom L, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Tom L

Tom L Eugene, OR. New Member

I'm in the middle of moving to the coast and I'm having mechanical problems. Bottom line I need to sell something I'm in the Eugene area where can I sell my hunting rifle. Is there any used gun dealers in the area, can somebody help

2. Fordcragar

Fordcragar Renton, Washington Active Member

Why not offer it for sale on the site? Selling it quick to a dealer might not get you very much. Give someone here a deal if you are just trying to get rid of it.

P7id10T, nwwoodsman and Dyjital like this.
  3. Tom L

Yeah that's a good idea thank you

4. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

You an actual, and official resident of Oregon?...
    ...or a member of the Senegalise Royal Family needing a temp cash infusion until your inheritance check clears?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Koda and maddog like this.
  5. Tom L

Not sure what that's suppose to mean, but yes I am a resident of Oregon and do need a cash infusion.

STUKA likes this.
  6. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

To start:
    - Oregon is a big State...looking for a dealer ...where? Is the mechanical problem going to allow you to drive across the State to get to an honest one?
    - There's an insinuation that gun dealers are generally dis-honest.
    - A guy having non-specific mechanical problems expecting to flash-sell a firearm in Oregon gets everyone's antennas up, especially if it's only the 6th post from a new member.
    - Most people would say they were on their way to...name of destination.....,
    and from....name place.....and had "mechanical problem's passing through......name of place.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  7. Neil

Neil Portland Metro Area Member

Selling through this forum is quite easy...

All you are suppose to do is have an FFL do a transfer to keep it "legal" in Oregon's newly changed eyes.

I guess posting it for sale in the appropriate section might help too.

What do you have for sale? PM me please I'm curious.

8. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Yes, a lot of gun dealers are dishonest. I have watched $500 guns get bought for $150 at many a gun shows. Worst I saw was the guy who sold a collection of old Colt revolvers for $300 each. At least one of them booked for $8000. I understand the free market and capitalism but I don't think it profits a man to gain the world and lose his soul.

Joe13, NightmareSig, jbett98 and 2 others like this.
  9. Oregon Quartermaster

Oregon Quartermaster SE Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Also, if you sell the guns inside the building of a gun show, you do NOT need to go through an FFL for a transfer. Instead, you call the OSP yourself. I know the Eugene show is a little ways off in October, but it would save you money on transfers.

SECTION 3. ORS 166.436 is amended to read:
    166.436. (1) The Department of State Police shall make the telephone number established under ORS 166.412 (5) available for requests for criminal background checks under this section from persons [other than] who are not gun dealers and who are transferring firearms at gun shows [for criminal background checks under this section].
    (2) Prior to transferring a firearm at a gun show, a transferor [other than] who is not a gun dealer may request by telephone that the department conduct a criminal background check on the recipient and shall provide the following information to the department.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB941/Introduced

10. Tom L

If anybody's in the buying mood I just updated my classified ad for Stevens model 200 I'm in the Eugene area
    Sorry I wasn't specific enough for you, and I don't really think I like what your implying. If I were going to do something shady does it make sense I would become a member of NWFA. then solicit help from other members on locating a gun shop to sell my firearm.

STUKA likes this.
  11. Tom L

It's a Stevens model 200 Remington 7mm mag. With a Bushnell scope, case, sling. Like new

12. STUKA

STUKA Close to Milwaukie Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

What I was thinking...

13. Tom L

So I'm going into Cabela's here in Eugene to see what they will offer me. if anybody in Eugene area is looking for a Salvage / Stevens model 200 7mm I'm sure it won't be hard to beat Cabela's price. And just for the record I do have a classified up for this Northwest Firearms

14. Tom L

Stuka all I got of your last message was " what I was thinking

15. Tom L

And just so there's no misunderstanding the message regarding me not liking what you're implying was directed it one specific individual. Albin 25

16. STUKA

STUKA Close to Milwaukie Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I was thinking the same thing you said..No worries

17. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome to the forum Tom L.

Members here can be somewhat suspicious of newcomers due to the attacks on our rights to keep and bear firearms. People new to discussion forums aren't savvy to the ways these forums, I'll use "Flow?", for the lack of a better term. Give us a chance, don't be thin skinned, and you'll find the majority here are good people. Many of them willing to help. Just need to give it a little more time.

Post an ad here: Rifle Classifieds (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/forums/rifle-classifieds.20/)

A good description and good pictures are important. Expect questions.

Flopsweat and Velzey like this.