JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm building an AR-15 for my son have all the parts and am looking for a blueprint ?
You don't want a blueprint unless you are a machinist making parts.
For your AR assembly, I think the free Brownell's AR Build Series of videos to be the best on the Internet.
Keep in mind that there are two oversights in the videos :

1) Use moly grease on the receiver threads and barrel extension "torque shoulder".
The named grease in the M16/M4 Tech manual is AeroShell 33MS
You can buy small quantities on Ebay
Don't go dry, oil is not enough and anti-seize compound makes a mess....use moly grease
Torque is 30-80 ft lbs.....try for under 40 ft lbs.
I start looking for alignment as I'm approaching 30

2) Don't apply gobs of torque to your muzzle device and especially without restraining your barrel in a vice with barrel blocks.
Removing or improperly trying to "clock" a muzzle device is where people can do damage.
If you are doing an A2 flash hider (20 ft lbs max) you can get away without using barrel blocks as shown in the videos

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/learn/learndetail.aspx?lid=11004

Last Edited:
I'm building an AR-15 for my son have all the parts and am looking for a blueprint ?

Lots of videos on youtube and elsewhere. Lots of books available if you prefer print.

So you are in Massachusetts? Thought they had a ban on AR-15's and copies thereof. How does a person go about legally building a AR-15 in Massachusetts?

Don't be intimidated by it. It's pretty easy if you have the right tools. I recommend an armorers wrench, some roll pin punches, a 3/8's torque wrench, a small hammer, some tape and pliers. The upper requires a little more effort since you have align the gas block and torque the barrel nut to spec but it's not hard. Even I did it! Good luck. AT15.com is a great resource for info.

The upper requires a little more effort since you have align the gas block and torque the barrel nut to spec but it's not hard.

That is assuming you are use a standard GI barrel nut, many handguards use barrel nuts that do not need to be timed. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I did it for myself, I've put on a few for family and friends but not for myself in a long time and the two I got sitting, waiting for a build won't either.

thank you all, I know nothing

I've got to say, if you're not good with tools, and fixin' things, it's pretty easy to make some ugliness when assembling things with roll pins and using wrenches and vices, and torquing big nuts. Just saying.

Youtube will show you the tools and knowhow necessary.

Then just buy a complete upper online.

It is not that difficult, but there are a few specific tools and know-how that go into doing it correctly. Get a copy of ARMY TM 9-1005-319-23&P, Nov 2008 is the latest I think.

Don't want to buy tools or figure it out here's this option...
SIONICS Gutless Lower Receiver Assembly - SIONICS Weapon Systems

and get the upper like mentioned.

So easy I assembled my entire lower on my toilet using basic house tools.

How did you torque and stake your castle nut? o_O

Nevermind don't answer that. :eek:

Last Edited:
It is not that difficult, but there are a few specific tools and know-how that go into doing it correctly. Get a copy of ARMY TM 9-1005-319-23&P, Nov 2008 is the latest I think.

Don't want to buy tools or figure it out here's this option...
SIONICS Gutless Lower Receiver Assembly - SIONICS Weapon Systems

and get the upper like mentioned.

How did you torque and stake your castle nut? o_O

Nevermind don't answer that. :eek:
No staking nessesary. Just tension and a small bit of loctite. Have a small welded node a buddy put on one of my pipe wrenches. Never had a castle nut budge, works like a champ!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top