JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just noticed that my "likes" are real close to my number of posts. For a minute I thought I should quit posting to see if I could get the likes number higher than my posts, like it was some sort of a measure of something real. Now that I think about it for a sec I realize how silly that is. I am not going to lie and say the likes are unimportant. I mean, they are not IMPORTANT, but I do like to have posts liked. It always feels good to have a post that a bunch of folks hit like on. Some sort of validation on your ideas or something. However really it does not matter if you like what I say or not. I dont have any intentions of adjusting my opinion to make it more likeable.

I 'like" a lot of peoples stuff. Just about anytime something someone says jives with how I feel or I find it funny or compelling I will hit that "like" button. I never really thought much about how that person felt about it. I do it because it feels right to. Shows some kind of support without having to reply and say "Yeah! What He said!"

I think the "like" button is one of the reasons why Northwest Firearms has a sense of continuity and community. I think it helps to establish a kind of kinship among us. I have noticed on other forums without a "like" button I often find myself disappointed I cant "like" a post. I dont have enough to say to warrant making a post, however I would like to make some sort of gesture showing agreement or support.

Anyway I had kind of an Epiphany of sorts this morning when I saw how close my like/post ratio was this morning. Made me at least consider my position on the "like" button. I felt it necessary to make this post to draw your attention to how "liked" I was :D (that is probably closer to the truth than I'd like to admit, but I still am saying it to poke a little fun at how silly it is)

So please dont like this post.
:s0080: :s0166: :s0067:

I don't let others tell me what to like or dislike so ZZZZAAAAAPPPPPPP you both been liked, like it or not.:s0140:

By the looks on my likes I better be happy I have real friends off the net:D

" Just be happy there isn't a "don't like" button. "

The few sites I've seen that have a "thumbs down" button... seem to attract a lot of Trolls trying to rack up as many thumbs down as possible....NOT a way to encourage a civil site.

So...Thumbs up to the like button

Last Edited:
Something tells me you didn't just notice, betting you have a running total of percentages, or your afraid to say thing people don't like to hear or you said one good thing that 1600 people liked, either way it's lame lol, betting you know that too;)

There. Now your likes number is higher than your posts. :D

A "like" is better (in the sense of how the forum works) than someone saying "+1" IMO

I do prefer the forums/comments where people can up/down vote on posts. People have been asking for a "don't like" button on Facebook forever.

Glad somebody said something about firearms in this self love thread.:D It being a gun forum maybe the likes should be given as different guns or bullets of different caliber depending on how much you like a post. Nah that's too complicated. Likes will have to do.:D

Just be happy there isn't a "don't like" button.
Oh yeah? upload_2015-2-8_13-24-56.png :p

I just noticed that my "likes" are real close to my number of posts. For a minute I thought I should quit posting to see if I could get the likes number higher than my posts, like it was some sort of a measure of something real. Now that I think about it for a sec I realize how silly that is. I am not going to lie and say the likes are unimportant. I mean, they are not IMPORTANT, but I do like to have posts liked. It always feels good to have a post that a bunch of folks hit like on. Some sort of validation on your ideas or something. However really it does not matter if you like what I say or not. I dont have any intentions of adjusting my opinion to make it more likeable.

I 'like" a lot of peoples stuff. Just about anytime something someone says jives with how I feel or I find it funny or compelling I will hit that "like" button. I never really thought much about how that person felt about it. I do it because it feels right to. Shows some kind of support without having to reply and say "Yeah! What He said!"

I think the "like" button is one of the reasons why Northwest Firearms has a sense of continuity and community. I think it helps to establish a kind of kinship among us. I have noticed on other forums without a "like" button I often find myself disappointed I cant "like" a post. I dont have enough to say to warrant making a post, however I would like to make some sort of gesture showing agreement or support.

Anyway I had kind of an Epiphany of sorts this morning when I saw how close my like/post ratio was this morning. Made me at least consider my position on the "like" button. I felt it necessary to make this post to draw your attention to how "liked" I was :D (that is probably closer to the truth than I'd like to admit, but I still am saying it to poke a little fun at how silly it is)

So please dont like this post.
:s0080: :s0166: :s0067:

Very well said. Unfortunatly, too well said so I hit the like button...

It may not be a popularity contest, but I will say that if someone posts that I haven't seen or have forgoten (there's a lot of yall on here ;)), and they have a much higher posts/likes ratio - it does tend to make me take an extra second to assess what they are saying as a valid or invalid point.

And I'm biased towards people that have a 200/1 ratio. If they spout some nonsense and I see that then there is a good possibility I'll just hit the ignore button to save myself from future interactions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top