JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.png image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I came across this cartridge today. My wife's grandfather fought in both world wars, and I'm wondering if he brought this home from one of them.

Appears to be 29mm long, and 9mm across. Stamped BP-18. Wondering where and when it was made, and if this type of cartridge was used in the war(s).

9 × 19 mm Glisenti - Wikipedia

maybe?

View attachment 308049

"The Italians seem to have been very fond of their semi-automatic pistols as they kept some of them in service for long periods for no apparent reason. Mind you they are quite good and well made pistols. The Model 1910 Glisenti is a reduced velocity version of the 9mm Parabellum. The higher velocity parabellum cartridge should not be used in the Glisenti weapon. The cartridge appears to have been made between 1910 and 1934.

This cartridge was also applied to the M1915 pistol (7.65mm).

The truncated projectile identifies the Glisenti cartridge. These are the two jacket variations.

A late production packet for the M1910 made at Bologna"

ref PDF Document Download http://ammunitionpages.com/download/273/Italian 9mm Glisenti M1910.pdf

and another...

http://www.ammunitionpages.com/download/529/

and another...

link to website 9 mm Glisenti : Pistols / metric <---this one gives you the cartridge dimensions.

more on the pistol and cartridge Glisenti M1910 Auto

and you won't want to miss this one...Modern Firearms - Villar Perosa

View attachment 308090 View attachment 308091 View attachment 308092

MTpockets:

First of all, I love your screen name.

And thanks, I think you nailed it. I read about the M1910, and it's history seems to fit in with what we know about Grandpa Clarence's military service. He was in France during World War 1, and probably brought some souvenirs home.

I'll check with some of the family to see if he had the M1910. Maybe it's still in the family somewhere.

Howard

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR